|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long-term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Downer is a significant player in the telecommunications industry within New Zealand. We are growing our business through delivering consistent service, excellence and results and through developing inspirational leadership with our people and customers. We are looking for an outstanding candidate to fill the role of Build Planning Lead across our Telco Operations business to be based in Wellington.
The Build Planning Lead is the pivotal lead in the end-to-end build workflow process with regional accountabilities as follows:
- Planning and scheduling of build resources to meet all client requests
- Coordination and integration of all activities and tasks across the job lifecycle inclusive of material ordering and sub-contractor management
- Financial accountability – ensures the schedule, cost, scope, quality, resource and risk constraints are managed effectively to provide the best possible financial outcome for every client request
- Maintaining outstanding client relationships regularly engaging on job progress and any risks, challenges, issues encountered.
- Work management system updates as appropriate
- Variation management/QA audit
- RFS management/SLA delivery
- Actively works with the Programme Manager seeking out improvement opportunities on overall job performance in order to increase contract margin, client satisfaction and Downer’s overall company standing.
We would like to hear from people who have a high level of experience and expertise in job management, planning of resources, project delivery, and believe that they are ready to take this next step. Ideally, you will have
- Leadership experience in utilities network development
- Strong proven track record of managing contractors to meet defined targets
- Experience in planning and scheduling large resource pools
- A sound ability to coordinate a job with multiple work disciplines and facets
- People skills – ability to build and maintain relationships with both internal and external clients
- Achieving results – job performance (on time, in full, on budget)
- Excellent communication both written and oral - presenting information, listening, managing conflict
- Competent in use of Microsoft systems such as word, excel & outlook as a minimum
- Ability to lead and develop a team of sub-contractors
- Focus on performance and drive for results
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, head to www.downercareers.co.nz and enter reference number 573366 to apply.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.
Please note we have an in-house recruitment team that manage all our vacancies. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered for any of our roles advertised, unless previously arranged. We would strongly encourage all candidates interested in these roles, to apply directly online through the portal provided otherwise your application will not be considered.