|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who we are:
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
About the Role:
Downer Defence are currently seeking a System Safety Engineer to assist in the delivery of a Defence project. The System Safety Engineer will manage the safety case and other compliances for JCOMS and JCOMS environmental integration. The successful candidate must be eligible to hold technical developer engineering authority as a minimum.
- External Stakeholder engagement.
- Manage the safety cases and safety compliance for the DCO capability.
- Ensure consistent communication and flow of information across channels within the project team.
- Research, assess and document the impact of mandatory regulatory compliance.
- Derive safety requirements.
- Identify verification methods and evidence for safety requirements.
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- Safety case development and maintenance.
- System safety design.
- Compliance findings.
- Knowledge of Systems Safety.
- Knowledge of WHS.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering.
- Knowledge of Risk Management.
- Knowledge of the Defence Capability Lifecycle model.
- Knowledge of Engineering Management Systems.
- Knowledge of ADF platforms and roles.
- Australian government and/or Defence experience.
- Server and virtualisation infrastructure development.
- Network design.
- Weapon system integration.
- System and network administration.
- Technical writing.
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance or be eligible to obtain an Australian Government Security Clearance prior to commencement of engagement. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.
To register your interest hit "Apply now" or contact Jason at email@example.com for more details.
(Please note: Downer does not accept applications via email)