|Job Type:||Full Time|
Human Resources Advisor
- Apply your HR knowledge in a true generalist role with opportunity to drive change
- Develop your career in a collaborative, fast-paced, global organisation
- Attractive remuneration package including incentive scheme and opportunity for flexible working arrangements
About the role
We are looking for an HR Advisor to provide specialist Human Resource support and advice, including providing coaching to operational leaders on the application of Human Resource systems, policies and procedures and ensuring the effective implementation and execution of Rio Tinto Human Resource programs within the business.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a true collaborator, a trusted advisor and HR innovator. Reporting to the HR Team Lead, you will be:
- Managing employee relations matters and providing advice to customers with a focus on early intervention
- Driving change with a focus on continuous improvement and challenging the status quo
- Developing and embedding of HR procedures, systems, templates and reporting mechanisms including the introduction of Rio Tinto practices
- Building Leader capability in HR systems and processes including cyclical processes
- Facilitating organisational change through to HR systems and processes
- Leading HR projects with exceptional attention to detail and out of the box thinking
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- Proven experience in human resources with a comprehensive knowledge of generalist HR activities
- Demonstrated understanding of Australian Employment Law framework and best practice application of relevant legislation
- Extensive experience in investigations and advising on performance management practices
- Ability to provide HR services remotely with experience in utilising technology platforms to facilitate stronger engagement and the flexibility for site travel when required
- Resilience and the ability to thrive in a continuous improvement culture and have a strong commitment to team-based processes and outcomes
- Capacity and versatility to operate in a large organisation which involves delivering business objectives remotely and across a diverse workforce
- Excellent interpersonal influencing, coaching, communication, negotiation and consultation skills.
- Flexible working arrangements
- A competitive base salary reflective of your experience and annual incentive program
- Immediate access to the Rio Tinto shares programme
- Private health insurance contribution for all employees and immediate family members
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Paid parental leave at 9 months (half pay) and 4.5 months full pay
We also offer exclusive employee discounts all over the world together with a wellness program for physical and mental wellbeing through fitness and activity allowances.
Where you will be working
You will be a part of the People Services team, the delivery team of our Human Resources function. It offers global expertise and services in areas of day-to-day HR operations. The role reports through to the HR Team Lead based in Brisbane within the APAC East Coast HR team.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, LGBTI+ people, women, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.