At Qube, we recognise that our people are our most important asset and are the engine that drives our organisation, playing a vital role in ensuring our business achieve our objectives and deliver on our commitments.
Qube Bulk capabilities include mine, road, rail, storage, port and ship services. Qube Bulk handles various bulk ores, concentrates, mineral sands, salt, coal and dangerous goods. We own and operate strategic infrastructure throughout the supply chain.
About the role
Qube Bulk currently have opportunities for Casual Stevedore to join the team at Whyalla Port. We require experienced stevedores with a range of skills/ grades to assist with vessel operations at the Port.
- Operation of Machinery including: Fork-lifts, Skidsteer, Loaders, Excavators
- Shipboard and wharf duties, lashing and unlashing, packing and unpacking of containers, and other general duties; and
- Basic servicing of equipment incidental to the performance of functions; and
- Basic security duties incidental to the performance of functions; and
- Basic clerical tasks including tally clerking ; and
- Clerical tasks incidental to the performance of functions at this grade.
- Operate at all times in a safe manner ensuring safety breaches or incidents are reported immediately.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following;
Skills & Experience
- High Risk License in Forklift
- Competent and experiemce with above mentioned machines
- Manual driver’s licence required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of people
- Demonstrated safety behaviors and experience
- Ability to work autonomously using proactive approach to task resolution
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to work in a demanding environment
- Ability to work well within a small team environment
Qube recognizes the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.