|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like to join a company that’s currently redefining the future of Australia? If so, come and join the nbn team, our people have a clear vision and a common goal, to transform Australia’s digital landscape. We’re committed to providing an environment within nbn that’s both diverse and inclusive, a place where all people can thrive. Where innovative minds create new ways for Australians to live, work and play.
An exciting opportunity has presented itself to join the SEO Team as a Cloud and Hybrid Infrastructure Design Manager.
A bit about your role
This position will have design and delivery responsibility for the nbn IT and Active Network Infrastructure spanning across public and private cloud in a multi-site and complex enterprise environment.
The activity related includes, but is not limited to:
- Architectural Design and futureproofing of the Public and Private Cloud infrastructure services.
- Design of services on shared infrastructure (Private Cloud)
- Leadership and capability development of a senior team of SMEs
- Uplift of Security Design for all Public, Private and Hybrid infrastructure.
- Develop and document all end to end Infrastructure Designs.
- Governance of Infrastructure builds.
- Knowledge management and transfer to Foundations, Database and Ops Support teams.
- Onboarding of new tenancy in Public and Private Cloud.
- Definition of the Cloud & Hybrid Infrastructure catalogue of services available to the nbn business and associated costings.
- Documentation of the Cloud & Hybrid Infrastructure technology Roadmap (3-5-year plan).
- Contribution to lifecycle management process improvements for physical/virtual servers, storage, database, cloud specific products and associated management systems.
- Defining our Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF) to ensure alignment to the architecture best practices, security standards and nbn governance and compliance policies.
- Managing the backlog of work as required to meet both customer need (via programs) and support cloud optimisation.
- Responsibility for the platform portfolio’s quality, responsiveness, productivity and stability.
- Cost control and financial management.
- Be an advocate of Cloud & Hybrid Infrastructure services’ benefits and work closely with Architecture, Security, Application Delivery stakeholders, Operations and Optimisation teams to reduce the IT duplication/shadow IT.
- Manage and nurture relationships with key strategic partners/vendors.
A bit about you
To be successful in this role, you will ideally meet the below criteria:
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience as a technology lead, lead architect, business lead, or similar role leading teams of 15 or more – including delivering multi effort-year multi-platform projects in large, complex enterprise environments
- Strong technical knowledge in Pubic Cloud (AWS & Azure), On-prem infrastructure, VMware, vRA, Cisco networking, security and Dell hardware (vBlock, vMax, isolon, avamar) ideally
- 10+ years of exposure to full project lifecycle from initiation to BAU hand over to steady state and project closure.
- 5-10 years financial management and resource utilisation experience.
- Experience working in a combination insourced/outsourced IT environment – either customer or supplier side.
- 10+ years of experience developing and implementing architectural designs, strategic roadmaps and following them through to delivery
- Has demonstrated a proven pragmatic and agile approach to managing infrastructure ensuring high availability and high quality at the most appropriate costs
- Experience in building and relocating Data Centre environments (>15 years)
- Proven experience in managing IT Operations (>15 years)
- Experience in creating strategic organisational structure and IT teams (>15 years)
- Management of process creation and implementation in large DC environments supporting many thousands of customers with >100 operational staff
- Large project implementation and delivery >$50m projects, >100 people
- Demonstrated success in recruitment, selection and capability development of multi-disciplined technical teams
Life at nbn
Please note that this role is available as a permanent opportunity.
At nbn our people have a clear and shared purpose - empowering Australians to and redefine the way they live, work and play into the future. As one of the Australia’s largest infrastructure projects ever undertaken in Australian history, you’ll be part of a team building a brighter future for the country.
In your personal career, you’ll benefit from technical training for professional development, leadership programs and access to the latest technology, as well as being led by a diverse executive team.
nbn is committed to an inclusive, flexible and supportive workplace. We strive to ensure that any barriers that may exist are removed to allow everyone equal opportunity to thrive and succeed, regardless of factors such as gender, those who identify as First Peoples, LGBTI+ status, cultural background or disability. We actively focus on encouraging diversity and ensuring that all our people have fair opportunity to reach their career aspirations and potential.
We actively focus on our people having a fair go at reaching their career aspirations. We’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees, with a target of 33% of women in senior management by 2020. With initiatives like Women’s Leadership Programs, a commitment to equal pay, flexibility and market leading parental leave, we truly are paving the way for true equality in the workplace.
Continue the conversation
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending in your resume only. We do not require a cover letter or any selection criteria to be addressed.
At nbn our people and our planet matter. We have an unwavering commitment to the wellbeing and safety of our employees so that everyone goes home safely each day and can perform at their peak to deliver the nbn™ network. nbn also aims to build a network that minimises energy use and can be operated with minimal impact on the environment.