|Job Type:||Full Time|
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology
Commercial Specialist – Contracts APAC
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Our Company and Culture
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this, we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The purpose of the Commercial Specialist role is to support the preparation, approval and management of quotations, tenders and negotiations for supply contracts, ensuring the highest quality standards are met and that Sandvik’s governance policies are adhered to.
This role is a full-time requirement, however Sandvik recognises the desire for flexible working options. Flexible employment arrangements include condensed working weeks, working from home, flexible start/finish times, etc.
Areas of responsibility
- Adhere to all policies & procedures, especially the EHS policies.
- Work with sales teams within the region to formally manage the commercial risk assessment of regional quotations and contracts.
- Well-developed understanding of contractual language and contracting processes, able to work closely with Legal, superior drafting skills for contract clauses, scopes of work, payment and invoicing terms, contract variations and similar documents.
- Work with and engage various internal stakeholders to identify and manage commercial and contractual risks to ensure the viability and long-term profitability of the organisation. Mediate / coordinate / prepare communications with internal stakeholders where required.
- Able to adapt learnings and principles from one matter to another, understanding where the differences may require a different solution (including different contract terms).
- Participate in complex Customer negotiations.
- Train and mentor users in commercial management tools, systems, and processes.
- Participate in forensic process auditing of regional adherence to internal policies and procedures, prepare gap assessments and recommended gap closures to drive accountability and continuous improvement.
- Work with the Regional Commercial Manager in the ongoing development of commercial management process improvements, process mapping, audit tools, quoting and contracting templates, and user guidelines.
We are looking for an independent, efficient, adaptable, proactive, commercially-minded and astute individual, with 4+ years’ experience in the review, preparation, drafting, negotiation and management of contract documents. Experience within the mining and/or heavy construction industries is preferred. You will have a keen eye for detail and will be a perfectionist when it comes to grammar, syntax, punctuation and comprehension. A clear and well-developed understanding of contract principles and legal terms and conditions is a must, and you must be able to understand financial reporting and business case assessment. Experience in complex contracts for high-value supplies will be highly regarded.
Additionally, you have excellent interpersonal skills, are able to build trust and establish respectful working relationships with stakeholders at all levels, by clearly communicating verbally and in writing, appropriately debating difficult issues and by being a quick thinker.
You have demonstrated capacity to work in team environments, strong computer skills including advanced experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and excellent presentation skills (both physical and electronic). You are willing and able to lead across differing geographies and cultures. You must be willing and able to manage your time effectively, prioritize without micro-management, and be fluent in English at a minimum.
This role is to be based near Newcastle and the Hunter Valley NSW, assigned to Sandvik’s premises in Heatherbrae or Milton, Brisbane. Flexible working arrangements will be required, including capacity to work from home, engaging with customers and internal stakeholders globally.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
0448 044 698
Applications close: 08-10-2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and sustainability. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining industry and rock excavation within the construction industry; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2019, the Group had approximately 40,000 employees and revenues of about 100 billion SEK in more than 160 countries within continuing operations.