South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Illawarra Metallurgical Coal (IMC) is a long term and leading coking coal supplier which operates two underground metallurgical coal mines, two preparation plants and a logistics chain.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager Supply, in this role you will be responsible for the operational warehouse services work in a safe and effective manner that ensures the availability of spares and consumables in line with work management and operational needs through effective management of inventory movements, storage, inventory levels and accuracy and quality of material in accordance with S32 Values, Standards and Procedures.
Other accountabilities include:
- Manage critical controls for applicable material risks and verify controls are in place and effective
- Manage compliance to our legislative and internal governance requirements including Chain of Responsibility and inscape outsourced activities
- Identify, plan and execute Warehouse improvement initiatives to optimise business processes, practices and systems to improve the overall performance of the function
- Establish strong business relations with all key stakeholders at the operations
- Provide coaching in risk management and safe operating procedures
- Manage a team of between 10-15 employees based at either our Appin mine site
This position will be based at Appin West operations which are in the southern coalfields of New South Wales, near the coastal city of Wollongong and approximately 75 kilometres south and southwest of Sydney.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Finance, Engineering
- Warehouse and Supply chain process knowledge including SAP Inventory and Work Management knowledge
- Team leadership role managing specialists, professionals or administrators for 2 Years
- Had responsibility for budgets at a work team level
- Competitive salaries and bonus structures
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive family values-based workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.