|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the opportunity
Looking to take the next step, growing your environmental experience within a dynamic and inclusive business? Our Wagerup Refinery is currently looking for an Environmental Manager to join us on a permanent basis. This position is based on a family friendly Monday to Friday roster.
As the Manager you will be a key member of Alcoa’s Wagerup Lead Team and play an integral part in sustainable environmental management, lease management, rehabilitation and biodiversity protection!
Reporting to the Refinery Manager, this senior position will champion, implement and share best-practice methodology across our business!
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides leadership and support on environmental management including government approvals for plans, projects and licenses
- Develops and directs a team of environmental professionals. Providing mentorship on research direction, planning and procedures for rehabilitation of storage areas at WA refineries.
- Actively participates in government liaison and keeps well informed on environmental and political agendas of government, political parties, NGO’s and the broader community in regard to refinery operations
For the right candidate, flexible work arrangements would be considered for this role. Please let us know when you apply if this is something you are seeking.
As a nationally recognised employer of choice for gender equity and advocate for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and intersex inclusion, Alcoa encourages applications from women, people of diverse backgrounds and those with different skills and life experiences.
Our values – act with integrity, operate with excellence, care for people – are at the foundation of everything we do. To be successful in this role and to play a part in our ongoing success you will have:
- A degree qualification in Environmental Science or a similar field
- Extensive experience within the mining/refining/heavy industry.
- Significant experience in mining/refining rehabilitation, environmental legislation and safety management.
- The ability to lead both strategically and operationally, with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
As an Alcoa employee, you will embark on growth opportunities and can truly make a difference being part of an organisation that respects and considers flexibility whilst empowering you with stimulating and challenging work.
Please note that no agency applications will be accepted at this time.
About where you will work
Wagerup Alumina Refinery is located on the border of Western Australia’s Peel and South West regions, 130 kilometres south of Perth, four kilometres north of Yarloop and 13 kilometres south of Waroona. Wagerup refinery employs approximately 640 people and of those, around 30 per cent live in the local shires of Waroona and Harvey.
Friday 25 September 2020
- You will only be contacted if you are shortlisted for an interview, this process can take up to four weeks from the closing date.
- This position is available only to permanent Australian residents or applicants who hold the relevant Visa with authority to work in Australia. Please ensure this information is clearly stated on your application.
- Find out more about working for Alcoa in Australia at www.alcoa.com.au/opportunities-aus
About Alcoa Australia
- Alcoa employs approximately 4,250 people in Western Australia and Victoria; most of our employees live regionally and our head office is in the Perth suburb of Booragoon.
- Alcoa has been named an Employer of Choice for Gender Equity for 18 years by the Federal Government’s Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
- Alcoa is an active and supportive partner in the community. We sponsor ideas and opportunities important to local people, such as addressing mental health, inspiring youth, promoting environmental education and highlighting health and safety.
- Alcoa has been contributing economically and socially in Australia for 57 years. In 2019, more than 86 per cent of Alcoa Australia’s revenue stayed in Australia through wages, local purchasing, taxes, royalties and dividends to Australian shareholders.