|Job Type:||Full Time|
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
Are you looking for a new challenge that puts you in charge of performing your duties? Then you will find the Rheinmetall Group to be an attractive employer. When you work for us, you have more than a job. With your skills and ideas, you have the opportunity to make an impact.
SOLUTIONS FOR A CHANGING WORLD
Megatrends such as urbanization, climate change, and the increasing level of risk around the world are making the desire for mobility and security ever stronger. With our cutting-edge technologies in the automotive and defence sectors, we ensure the mobility and security of modern society.
Join us. Let us work together to devise solutions that turn change into opportunity.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
About the Team
Reporting to the Program Director Land 400 Phase 2 Acquisition the Program Manager – Support System is responsible for the Program Management of the development and implementation of all Support Systems necessary to introduce the Land 400-2 Combat Reconnaissance Vehicles (CRV) into service through to Final Acceptance.
About the role
The Program Manager – Support System is also responsible for ensuring all deliverables are planned, on schedule and are to the requisite standard. This is inclusive of the required Mandated System Reviews, Data Items, Training Solutions and Support Services.
As the Program Manager – Support System you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Develop and update the Contract Master Schedule in accordance with the AUSDEFCON Complex contracting model for all Support System deliverables;
- Establish, maintain and manage Rheinmetall Entity and Sub-Contractor contracts;
- Manage and execute the RDA Support System scope of delivery through direct management of a number of RDA Project Managers;
- Establish, maintain and manage Support System Risks and Issues;
- Review, monitor and report on project performance to ensure the project is being progressed in accordance with the Contract Master Schedule and the Statement of Work;
- Leadership of all Support System Mandated System Reviews;
- Ensure team resources are correctly applied and used efficiently;
- Manage and coordinate the interface between the Entities and the Rheinmetall Integrated Program Team;
- Liaise with the Commonwealth of Australia and other stakeholders such as approved subcontractors or suppliers as required;
- Lead the development of scope changes, through to bid, negotiation and CCP implementation;
- Present to stakeholders, reports on the progress as well as challenges and remediation plans when necessary; and
- Support the development of Technology Transfer Plans within the Rheinmetall entities.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE
Rheinmetall seeks applicants who exemplify our Company’s values of Respect, Trust and Openness. This creates a workplace environment where employees value each other, live up to their promises and communicate openly.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Proven experience in Project/Program Management of Support Systems, preferably within the Defence Industry;
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management, Engineering or a related discipline;
- Experience in managing projects and project resources including subcontractors and multiple service providers using PM methodologies; and
- Operational knowledge and capability of the Microsoft Office Professional.
Highly desirable for this position:
- Defence Industry experience
- Formal certifications in Project Management i.e. Prince2, PMP, CPMP etc.
At Rheinmetall, your strengths and experience are worth something. We also highly value diversity and equal opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- Working in a great team and with exciting products.
- Opportunity for career development and further training.
- Strong links to our global Rheinmetall community.
- Opportunity to work on major projects such as LAND 400.
- Attractive Remuneration package with salary sacrificing & novated leases.
- Flexibility in workplace settings offering opportunities to work in multiple locations.
- Corporate discounts with gyms, private health funds and various car dealerships.
- Employee Assistance Program to support our employees and their families overall wellbeing.
WHO WE ARE
Rheinmetall Defence Australia (RDA) is a major Defence company with operations across Australia and New Zealand delivering specialist Defence capability to the Australian Defence Force and New Zealand Defence Force. RDA is a subsidiary of Rheinmetall Group, a global Defence and Automotive technology group based in Dusseldorf, Germany. RDA is a trusted partner to the ADF through its three divisions - Vehicle Systems, Electronics Solutions and Wepon and Ammunition. RDA is rapidly growing its Australian footprint to deliver system solutions and capabilty to the ADF in the areas of mobility, lethality, reconnaissance, protection and sustainment.
Rheinmetall recognises the strength that comes with employee diversity. We are commited to providing an inclusive work environment where each employee is treated fairly and respectfully. Diversity is critical to our ability to work sucessfully as a team regardless of borders, language or culture. Our workforce includes employees of varying gender, age, race and ethnicity, professional and cultural background.
Veterans are always encouraged to apply for roles at Rheinmetall where they can bring select skills and expertise to the delivery of products and services for our customer. Recognising these unique attributes, the Company has established a Veterans Employment Program that trains and supports veterans transitioning from the armed forces and seeking future employment in the commercial sector.
Talent Acquisition Consultant