|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join a company dedicated to your career development and where you can simply be yourself at work!
So, Why Optus?
We see ourselves leading Australia in outstanding customer experience. In striving to achieve this, five core values guide us. These are: customer service, our challenger spirit, teamwork, integrity and personal excellence.
We've put a lot of investment behind innovation and would love to work with people who provide ideas that differentiate, disrupt and deliver amazing services for our customers.
About the role:
The role of the Technical Specialist, T2 Networks is to take operational ownership of the services that are being offered to Optus Business customers in the form of Managed Network and Data Centre Services. This position reports to the Operations Manager but will be available to assist other Teams within the Optus Business Technical Assistance Centre (OB TAC) when required to do so.
The principle purpose is providing resolution management, problem management, change management and implementation work. The Technical Specialist will be responsible to troubleshoot to resolve complex faults, identify and remediate the root cause of incidents via problem management methodology as well as scope and implement complex changes within managed Network environments. The Technical specialist will also be involved in configuration of networks solutions by a range of strategic vendors such as Cisco, Aruba, Riverbed and F5, and the ongoing management of Tier 1 infrastructure.
The team operates within an environment based on industry best practices for Service Management with ITIL being the framework to achieve this. Certification in major vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Riverbed and F5 as well as scripting knowledge and experience with Python, Ansible, Git development workflows (branching, merging), GitLab and CI/CD would be looked upon favourably.
- Optimise outcomes for customers and OB ICS.
- Manage workflow to ensure Major Network or Sensitive Customer Faults are prioritised
- Represent customer needs in a fast-moving fluid business environment
- Increase customer loyalty and lower customer exit transitions
- Interactions & incidents are updated in ServiceNow.
- Contribute to the retention of customers through positive engagement attributable to communication, knowledge and timely response.
- Integrity of information communicated to customers at all times
- After hours work is completed as rostered and scheduled.
- Complex MACs and Transitions are completed as scoped and in the timeframe that was committed to the customer.
- Develop, support or improve scripts that will benefit Ops and Engineering
- Thorough understanding of specialist area and IP technologies and industry
- Maintain strategic operational partnerships and education and certification.
- Support the initiative to take a market leading position on next generation data centre capabilities
- Work with transition team to ensure all new solutions to transitioned are checked for reliability and all documentations are available for ongoing support.
- Must be an Australian Citizen
- AGSVA Baseline (minimum) clearance preferred
- Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Support/configuration of Cisco Data Centre routers and switches, including Nexus
- Support/Configuration of WAN Optimisation Technology (I.e. Cisco WAAS and/ or Riverbed Steelhead)
- Support/Configuration of Aruba and Cisco Wireless solutions
- Support/Configuration of Juniper routers and switches
- Support/configuration of Dynamic routing protocols – BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
- Industry experience in a DevOps team, IT or Engineering Project for at least 5 years
- Scripting Skills (Python and Ansible)
- Managed services or support role in an operational area for at least 5 years
- Reporting to customers and to other Optus Business departments
- Escalation management and advanced problem solving
- Extensive experience supporting WAN technologies such as Ethernet, Wireless (3/4G) and xDSL
- Relevant Engineering/ ICT Degree or Adv. Diploma
- Vendor Certifications in Routing & Switching
- Scripting knowledge, skills and experience in Python and Ansible
- CCNP Data Centre
- CCNA or CCNP Wireless
- Riverbed RCSA-W or RCSP-W
Working at Optus will provide you with a range of benefits that will enrich your personal and professional life. With features such as a range on on-site Health and Wellbeing specialists, financial advisers, company discounts and child care services, we ensure that we provide you with a safe and productive work environment.
Head on over to http://www.optus.com.au/about/careers to find out more about what it's like working with Optus.