|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you looking for your next career move? Do you need a lifestyle change? We have an opportunity for you to join us on large scale operation with a life expectancy of 20 years
Downer Mining are seeking Expressions of Interest for an experienced Development or Production Shift Supervisor to join the team on a permanent basis at Carrapateena , a large-scale, world class modern underground mine owned by OZ minerals located in South Australia 160km north of Port Augusta.
The Carrapateena team works a lifestyle friendly fly in fly out shift roster of 14 days on and 14 days off. We have short chartered flights from Adelaide or Port Augusta to site.
If you are South Australian based or would consider relocating for a permanent position, we would love to hear from you.
Your New Role
Reporting to the Development or Production Superintendent, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your positive leadership style, when coaching your crew, running pre-start meetings, allocating daily tasks, and working closely with the production and development teams
- Extensive experience in a professional, operational supervisor role within underground mining
- Proven experience in a leadership role and ability to manage large teams with a resolution focussed mindset
- Perform daily supervision of the mining work areas as per the relevant Acts and regulations
- Previous experience in high paced lateral development or sub level cave mining
- Valid manual drivers license – C Class
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to liaise with staff and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Willing and able to pass Pre-employment checks, including a National Police Check
- Committed to a No Harm Environment
What We Offer
- Accommodation provided by Tjungu village which offers free Wi-Fi, great dining facilities with a range of food options as well as a range of lifestyle options to make you feel at home;
- Telstra 4G mobile network coverage available across site;
- A permanent role with a competitive and attractive salary and accrual of 5 weeks AL;
- Access to a range of employee benefits and discounts on health insurances and local health check programs, as well as discounted vehicle hire and much more!;
- A diverse and supportive work environment where individuals are encouraged to show initiative;
- Access to a range of career development and advancement opportunities;
- Our Zero Harm initiative: A genuine commitment to the health and safety of all employee;
- Job security in the form of a long term contract and a long term mine life.
How To Apply
To register your interest, please hit the “apply now” button and follow instructions to register
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and develop your career within a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do and motivated to succeed, apply now.