|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only - Flexible Options|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
"Please note the location of this role is temporarily listed as “remote” in line with current Victorian Government requirements of “if you can work from home, you must work from home".
We are looking for electricians, who enjoy problem solving and making a difference working on key asset infrastructures and projects to ensure sustainability for future generations to come.
If you have good communication skills, like working with your hands and have the ability to build strong ongoing relationships across all levels of the business. Then read on!
Barwon Asset Solutions (BAS) is a 100% locally-based maintenance services company, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Barwon Water. BAS provides high quality, smart, asset maintenance and project management services to Barwon Water, its customers and the community.
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, every day of the year, BAS supports Barwon Water’s mission to provide efficient water and sewerage services in an environmentally responsible manner.
BAS and Barwon Water are proud to be building a safe, diverse and inclusive workforce and in ‘going the extra mile’ to create opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We care about where we live and work, and we are always looking for like-minded people to join our team.
About the role
In this role, you will be fulfilling the customer’s needs by performing electrical work activities on a number of different assets, including water, recycled water, sewer treatment plants, pump stations and other assets for numerous clients and customers throughout the region.
You’ll work as part of our projects and maintenance team that is dedicated to providing quality customer outcomes.
You are safety focused, motivated, and able to work according to operating procedures; whilst proactively identifying problems and developing innovative solutions, with a real drive for continuous improvement.
You take pride in your work and have a positive attitude toward resolving technical problems.
You embrace change and are willing to learn about new equipment and technologies and grow with the organisation. You have the ability to read schematic drawings.
You are inclusive and want to be part of an agile team, committed to building strong relationships and contributing to the overall team goals.
What we’re looking for
- A strong willingness to learn a new role, with previous experience in providing electrical solutions in industrial, commercial and domestic work considered advantageous
- Highly motivated to work safely, learn our processes and systems with a high standard of efficiency and quality
- A willingness to participate in an on-call roster system and complete overtime to respond to out of hours’ operational events.
- An A Grade Victorian electrical licence is required
- A current Victorian driver’s license is a mandatory requirement
- A pre-employment medical (including a health, drug and alcohol assessment) is required.
Why join us?
We value your professional growth. We embrace diversity. We value fairness and equal opportunity.
We are flexible and know the importance of work/life balance. If you are a parent or caregiver, studying or have other needs, we can support you with flexible work hours and leave options.
Some of our exciting opportunities and benefits include:
- rewarding personal development
- an award-winning health, mental health, and wellbeing program
- flexible leave and ‘purchased leave’ arrangements
- Access to pro-rata long service leave, including carry-over arrangements from the Victorian public sector.
- free annual flu vaccinations
- 24-hour employee assistance program
- an industry superannuation fund
- and much more.
Our work requires more than just engineering and scientific solutions. We’re learning from the tens of thousands of years of knowledge and insight from Traditional Custodians. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this position.