|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Pivotal commercial role leading the end to end UBank home ownership business
- Responsibility for product management, digital experience, technology as well as leadership of the frontline teams who provide mortgage solutions to customers
- Get the benefits of working for a small digital bank with the security and career prospects of being part of the National Australia Bank
At UBank, we’re seeking an experienced mortgages leader to run a fast-growing Home Ownership business. Unlike most mortgages roles where you manage just product or just distribution, in this role you lead the end to end.
We’re after a leader with an in-depth understanding of the Australian mortgage industry who will redesign our existing mortgages products, processes and operating model and also lead our frontline lending teams as they deliver exceptional customer service.
Importantly, you’ll also be part of a small leadership team who are together helping UBank fulfil the ambition that NAB has for the brand and having a good time along the way.
So, if you’re tired of managing just one small component of a long home lending value chain, and you’re ready to take a larger span of responsibility, let us know.
As GM Home Ownership, your objectives will include:
- Overall responsibility for the home ownership P&L
- Creating and executing the Home Ownership strategy for customers
- Creating a leading, relationship-focused, digitally-led home lending proposition for our customers, across all channels
- Demonstrating end to end accountability from product design to home lending sales effectiveness to risk management and technology leadership
- Driving improvement in the distribution of home lending products for our customers
- Ensuring home lending operations and servicing activities achieve excellence in cost, risk, and customer outcomes
- Effectively remediating customer concerns and product issues and proactively managing for future potential issues
- Fully leveraging data to drive effective decision-making
- Ensuring the team are clear on their purpose, values and goals, and are capable with the right tools to perform their roles, while being motivated to perform at a high level
- Making the Home Ownership team a great place to work for our people.
We are looking for an experienced GM who has:
- Previous experience in designing and delivering cutting-edge digital solutions in mortgages
- Experience across all aspects of the home ownership process (ability to lead product, pricing and frontline lending teams)
- Experience being responsible for mortgage related technology
- Strong commercial acumen and an orientation for detail
- A growth mindset… someone who is willing to see what’s always been done (whether that’s at UBank or in the industry) and find ways to significantly improve it
- A love for achieving with others and building capability and careers of the people in your team.
We’re a team of about 300 people, based mainly in Sydney with a small team in Melbourne.
In 2020, we were included in the Best Place to Work Awards for the second year in a row. We’re also the only bank to have ever made the list, which we are really proud of.
Every day, our passion for customers drives us to help our 600,000+ customers manage their money better.
UBank colleagues get the benefits of working for a nimble digital bank, and the career prospects of being part of a Big 4 Bank, as we’re part of NAB.