|Job Type:||Full Time|
LocationCanning Vale (Gauge Circuit), Australia
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry, and our operations and organizations are spread around the globe. We offer you a world of opportunities and our diverse businesses and cross-border networks enable you to explore your potential and thrive.
The Tools Sales and Support Representative (TSSR), is responsible to promote the sale, service and aftermarket product support of the Sandvik range of drilling consumables with a view to retaining an established current customer base and expanding sales into new areas. The role will have a strong focus on underground Top Hammer products but some product sales and support for DTH and Rotary may also be required. The current customer includes a wide array of established underground and surface mining operations and there will be a requirement for business development into unestablished markets.
Areas of responsibility
- Work with the Rock Tools Sales Manager and the relevant Account Managers to adequately service all customers within the nominated sales region. This includes business development plans for expanding market share within the allotted territory
- Work closely with the relevant Operations/Applications Specialists team on product quality, product selection, design innovations and cost saving measures for our customers
- Provide monthly business analysis and market activity report updates
- Assist operations with product knowledge and training, and best practices for the use of Sandvik rock tools across all applications
- Review financial performance on a monthly basis.
- Control expenses within budget
- Continually provide drilling solutions and product technical support to customers
- Spend time on drills with operators to understand site operating practices, and work with operators and the Drill and Blast Teams/Engineers to improve the performance and life of Sandvik Rock Drilling Tools
To be successful in this role, you will need extensive exposure in underground and/or surface mining rock tools. Having previous sales experience within the mining or other industry will be advantageous. You will require a high energy and enthusiasm for the products and industry and be self-driven to achieve. Excellent communication both written and verbal and have the ability to listen to the customer’s requirements and be able to offer experienced solutions and be commercially astute.
What we offer
- Options for additional superannuation contribution (2.5% above the superannuation guarantee)
- An Employee Benefits Program including salary sacrifice options, a company-wide bonus scheme, and Length of Service Recognition program
- Company funded paid parental leave which includes superannuation contributions during the leave period
- Training opportunities for employees – from internal programs to contributions towards external studies
- A Sandvik Wellness Program for employees’ who want to improve their health and wellbeing
Our Company and Culture
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology is a leading supplier in equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, crushing and screening, loading and hauling, tunneling, quarrying and breaking and demolition.
We conduct business in a sustainable and responsible manner. To achieve this we always act in line with our high ethical standards, putting safety first and always showing consideration for the environment and the communities in which we operate. The safety and well-being of our employees and the environment are our core values. Finally, we care about others and build relationships based on honesty, respect and trust.
At Sandvik, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
How to apply
Click ‘Apply Now’ button, or access the Sandvik website home.sandvik/careers
Applications close:10 October 2020 or sooner if the right applicant is found
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment and tools, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries; products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys as well as products for industrial heating. In 2017, the Group had approximately 43,000 employees and sales of 91 billion SEK in more than 150 countries within continuing operations.