|Job Type:||Full Time|
The primary role of the Automation Specialist is to work with Automation COE and HR Business Groups to review and automate key business processes through the documentation, deployment and configuration of strategic automation processes. This includes the review and documentation of business requirements, authoring of solution designs, compile costs and business cases, implement & test automation with identified business process subject matter experts.
This role requires excellent business analysis and solution design skills as well as excellent oral/written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills. The Automation Specialist will provide thought leadership in the technical areas of expertise, and provide guidance to project teams as well as business stakeholders/process owners through involvement in consultation services.
Key accountabilities include:
- Work with the Automation COE to document identified opportunities through the Robotic Process Automation (RPA) key deliverables.
- Work with HR SME’s to simplify and improve operations by analysing as-is processes and create end-to-end automation solution designs.
- Facilitate workshops and work with process owners/SMEs to document business requirements, processes and work instructions.
- Operate as an advisor or business consultant and recommend process automation improvements. Compile costs required for RPA implementation and calculate business benefits.
- Implement automation within RPA software to deliver against business requirements, software and industry best practices.
- Design insightful reporting for business process improvement and benefit realisation.
- Carry out end-to-end testing, troubleshooting and training of robots and programmed automations.
- Drive adoption of developed products and services through the leading of business change, acting as a single point of contact for business stakeholders.
- Develop internal and external training materials.
- Work with adhoc external resources to facilitate RPA opportunities when demand requires it.
- Educate and present RPA implementation strategies across a wide spectrum of audiences. Undergo training on Robotic Process Automation tools and automation best practices.
- Participate in the development of new offerings and innovation in the automation space.
- Solid understanding of the current and planned technical architecture of HR Systems and a broad understanding of the broader technology environment within the Singtel Group.
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Excellent Robotic Process Automation skills
- implementing automation within RPA software (UiPath) to deliver against business requirements, software and industry best practices,
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages using python/Perl/VB/C#/shell script.
- Outstanding oral/written communication and influencing skills
- Project management
- Have intense curiosity - a desire to go beneath the surface of a problem, find the questions at its heart and distil them into a very clear set of hypotheses that can be tested
Optus is a place where we let you do you. We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- mobile & Internet discounts, Novated Car Leasing, and other Financial benefits
- onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- social events, social clubs and sports teams!
- regular visits by our various partners, such as mobile dentists, food trucks, charities, independent retailers and fruit vendors!
- our café partners on campus seem to have an endless supply of coffee!
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it. By expanding into new technology and relentlessly improving every day, we’re working to create a better tomorrow for all Australians.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!
Due to COVID-19 and the rise of job applicants in the market, it may take us a bit longer than usual for us to come back to you. We appreciate your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.