|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart. As a key member of our wider NZ Technical Team, we are looking for an experienced Pavement Design Engineer to join our busy Civil Design Team based in Whanganui or New Plymouth.
About the role
Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the evaluation and design of pavement rehabilitations across the Taranaki and Whanganui regions, and at times throughout the Lower North area. This will include involvement in evaluation and selection of suitable rehabilitation options, site investigation and planning, pavement design, production of technical documentation and post construction evaluation.
Dependant on experience, you will likely find yourself involved in;
- Site investigation, material analysis, option evaluation and pavement design
- Supervision and advising of technicians and others involved in this work
- Mentoring and training of graduate and cadet engineers obtaining pavement design experience
- Surfacing treatment selection and design (asphalt and chipseal) as well as structural pavement rehabilitation options
- Identification and design of safety improvement works
- Involvement in Downer R&D and Innovation Projects involving pavements and materials
- Performance evaluation and reporting
You’ll need to be someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves to work "hands on" in collaboration with the wider Downer business; you will be happy to seek out local knowledge and involve construction teams right from the conceptualisation of a new design. You will have excellent communication skills, enjoy working with customers, and strive to enhance your and our credibility by fostering trusted relationships.
You may be intermediate level and looking for a career pathway or a senior level design engineer looking for a new direction. You will also need;
- BE – Civil Engineering, or equivalent experience/qualification
- CPEng or overseas equivalent, and/or qualifications and experience sufficient to achieve this in the next two years
- Strong interpersonal skills – to be applied to all internal and external relationships
- A positive attitude and commitment to providing a high quality of service
- A full class 1 Driver's Licence
A role with us will enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like an opportunity for you then register your interest at www.downercareers.co.nz reference 572682.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.