|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services Construction team is developing rapidly and we have a newly created role for a Project Manager to join us during this exciting growth phase. This could be an exciting part of your career journey, being part of a results driven professional team.
Based in Penrose and working across the wider Auckland region, you’ll be reporting to the Contract Manager – Construction, with a core focus on civil construction projects valued between $5 – 15 million.
You’ll be responsible for the planning and delivery of all aspects of end-to-end horizontal civil construction, (from scoping projects, planning methodologies through to delivery and managing the financial outcomes of projects), ensuring they run efficiently and deliver the optimum outcomes.
About the role
As Project Manager, you will be producing project methodology, budgets and programmes and you also be:
- Working in conjunction with the Contract Manager to estimate and tender for new projects
- Implementing the procurement strategies around contracts to ensure the project is delivered well
- Directing and leading Site Managers, field teams and sub-contractors
- Controlling budgets and cash flows in relation to projects
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with clients, subcontractors and suppliers
You’ll need prior and proven experience with project management, with the ability to demonstrate good understanding of engineering and construction processes and couple this with:
- Experience and understanding of financial management, managing budgets and reporting
- Strong collaboration and communication skills- relationship management is key
- Ability to develop positive relationships with, and obtain co-operation from clients, internal and external delivery teams
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Be self-motivated, focussed and results driven
- A proven track record in developing a culture that supports Zero Harm management, encouraging and rewarding excellent
What’s in it for you?
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then we’d love to hear from you.This is an excellent opportunity to enhance your skills and advance your career. Apply online by heading to www.downercareers.co.nz keyword search: 573324
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to pass a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible