The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
Due to growth, we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Consultant / Manager level Data Engineer to join our Analytics team in Sydney. This role will be instrumental in designing, developing, and evolving the modern data warehousing solutions and data integration build-outs using cutting edge tools and platforms for both on-prem and cloud architectures. You will be coming up with design specifications, documentation, and development of data migration mappings and transformations for a modern Data Warehouse set up/data mart creation and define robust processing to collect and scrub both structured and unstructured data providing self-serve capabilities in order to create impactful decision analytics reporting.
- Evaluating and selecting data warehousing tools for business intelligence, data population, data management, metadata management and warehouse administration for both on-prem and cloud-based engagements
- Design, develop, and test in ETL tool environment (GUI/canvas driven tools to create workflows)
- Provide technical leadership to a team of data warehouse and business intelligence developers
- Coordinate with other technology users to design and implement matters of data governance, data harvesting, cloud implementation strategy, privacy, and security
- Adhere to ETL/Data Warehouse development Best Practices
- Responsible for Data orchestration, ingestion, ETL and reporting architecture for both on-prem and cloud (MS Azure)
- Assisting the team with performance tuning for ETL and database processes
- Experience in design documentation (data mapping, technical specifications, production support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge across the technology stack including ETL, ELT, data analysis, metadata, data quality, audit and design
- Experience with creation and implementation of data warehouses on client engagements and helping create enhancements to a data warehouse
- Strong knowledge of data architecture for staging and reporting schemas, data models and cutover strategies using industry standard tools and technologies
- Architecture design and implementation experience with medium to complex on-prem to cloud migrations with any of the major cloud platforms (preferably Azure)
- Hands-on database design, modelling and integration experience with relational data sources, such as SQL Server databases, Oracle/MySQL, Azure SQL and Azure Synapse
- 2 years hands-on experience in various Azure services preferred – Azure Data Factory, Kafka, Azure Data Explorer, Storage, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services & Databricks, Azure Data Science
- Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence reporting tools (Power BI, Alteryx, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, MicroStrategy, SSAS Cubes etc.)
- Strong creative instincts related to data analysis and visualization
- Strong understanding of BI and DWH best practices, analysis, visualization, and latest trends
- Experience with the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and principles of product development such as installation, upgrade and namespace management