|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
The Geospatial Support System - Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response (GSS-HADR) was initially procured as an urgent operational procurement to fill a capability shortfall, enabling ADF geospatial support to BUSHFIRE ASSIST and was extended to enable ADF geospatial support to COVID19 ASSIST.
A requirement now exists for a Systems Engineer to formally introduce the HADR capability into service, with formal technical certification, including the development of all engineering and logistics artefact's, to be delivered as part of an approved 13 month schedule.
As the successful candidate you will possess experience in the following:
- Previous experience working under a technical regulatory framework.
- An ability to obtain Technical Authority (TA) Level 4.
- Ability to author engineering documents (e.g. SSDD / SOD / SCR).
- The ability to work under limited direction.
- Defence ICT experience (highly desirable).
- Graduate qualifications in Engineering or Systems Engineering (essential).
- An experienced Systems Engineer who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.