|Job Type:||Full Time|
A Fresh New Direction | Safety & Injury Lead | Hoxton Park Location
- Join us and help make a difference to the Australian and New Zealand community during these unprecedented times
- Support DC line management with safety leadership and technical support in the continuous improvement of safety culture and reduction of workplace injuries
- Integrate practical and effective Safety initiatives to promote safe workplace behaviour
As Safety & Injury Lead for Big W’s, Hoxton Park Distribution Centre, you will take responsibility for implementing, building and maintaining Safety and Health programs, systems and tools to ensure our team think safe, work safe and are home safe. You will lead and support operational managers with strategies based on data, analysis and insights of leading and lagging indicators and culture survey results to promote a constructive and resilient safety culture for team members, visitors, customers & contractors. Additional duties may include:
- Foster the value of inclusion of safety considerations and controls in all management processes to champion a safety culture and a safe working environment
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring ongoing regulatory and legislative compliance.
- Implement policies and processes to minimise risks and to achieve compliance
- Monitor and identify actions resulting from the incident management review process
- Take care of your own and your colleagues health and safety through identification and reporting of hazards and an active involvement in improvement initiatives
- Liaising with key stakeholders internally and externally in the event of a Category 1 or 2 incident to share investigation outcomes, provide appropriate communication, prevent recurrence and mitigate further liability.
- Contribute to the Supply Chain SWE governance program by conducting the first line of defence audits and supporting close out of any non-conformances
- Comply with safety policies, procedures and role responsibilities as defined in the Supply Chain Safety Management System Procedure
- Delivery of timely, accurate, and quality assured safety performance data to business
- Focus on early intervention and lodgement of claims in a timely manner.
- Maintain contact with all team members regularly and documented accordingly.
- Plan the return to work and make return to work related decisions to progress an injured team members return to work.
- Develop and coordinate return-to-work plans; coordinate and monitor rehabilitation plans for team members.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive inquiries and complaints; evaluate problems and take appropriate action to resolve issues and concerns; advise injured team members of their benefits.
- Educate team members / contractors about the workplace rehabilitation policy and procedures and what to expect when an injury occurs.
- Educate line managers and supervisors regarding their role and responsibilities during the injury management process.
- Maintain the claims management system and sustain confidentiality at all times.
- Ensure timely processing of Work Cover claims and liaise with Payroll staff and the business units to ensure the injured worker is paid in a timely manner.
Who we’re looking for
You will be a safety professional with proven experience leading, supporting and influencing a variety of key stakeholders. Ideally, you’ll have a formal qualification in OH&S / WHS with several years experience in a blue collar or unionised environment. Additionally you’ll demonstrate the following key competencies:
- Stakeholder Management: Closely partner with internal and external stakeholders and confidently communicate with team members from the DC floor through to senior leaders.
- Ability to prioritise and manage complex and competing workloads.
- Demonstrated experience in a hands on safety role.
- Resilience and the ability to work within a high pressure environment
- Influence, support coach and mentor leaders to positive safety outcomes and working culture
- An ability to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to encourage a positive work safety culture & environment.
- An ability to problem solve and workshop potential solutions to the various issues that arise day to day.
- An in-depth understanding of injury management and workers’ compensation legislation.
- Must hold a current NSW qualification in RTW accreditation.
Sound like your next opportunity? Apply now or head along to www.wowcareers.com.au to discover more! #LI #Work180 #WoWCareers