|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Fantastic fixed term contract (6 months)
- Be part of a collaborative team and supportive culture
- Exposure to Tier 1 reporting tools and training
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Accountant to join our Employee Entitlement & Insurance Team on a fixed term contract for 6 months, based at our Financial Control Centre at Gepps Cross.
For the right candidate, there is the opportunity to thrive in this exciting environment, which offers exposure to a range of technical accounting issues and high profile transactions, continuous improvement initiatives, tier 1 reporting tools and training.
As a member of the team, your key responsibilities include:
- Independently prepare a range of balance sheet reconciliations from across different areas
- Assistance with the preparation of notes to the Woolworths Financial Report
- Identify areas of concern and inefficient processes in everything you do “always improving” mindset
- Support the wide variety of projects and process improvements that are underway across the team
- Ability to analyse and pull together a wide range of information for consolidation and analysis
- Month End task including (but not limited to) accrual calculations, journal review and posting, information analysis and reasonable testing
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders and customer groups and explain financial analysis in non-technical terminology
- Ability to pull together a wide range of information for consolidation and analysis specifically related to payroll, insurance & workcover
If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, customers, and the business then we ought to connect.
To be successful you will have:
- A finance related degree (ideally) but not essential or working towards CPA / CA qualification
- Strong technical accounting skills in particular strong reconciliation and analysis work associated with payroll, insurance & workcover
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Experience in supporting various financial systems - in particular SAP and Excel
- Strong client focus with an ability to handle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.