The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant - Data Engineer within the Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics team in our Sydney/Melbourne office.
EY DnA is the data and advanced analytics capability within EY Asia-Pacific, with over 500 specialist employees working across multiple industry sectors.
We implement information-driven strategies and systems that help grow, optimize and protect client organizations. We go beyond strategy and provide end to end implementation of real-life data environments and have some of the best architects, project managers, business analysts, data scientists, big data engineers, developers and consultants in the region.
Your key responsibilities
- Work with diverse stakeholders to identify their challenges with data that can be addressed using various Analysis techniques
- Be a part of a culture that focuses on delivering excellence for our clients and work with an awesome team of people to work with and access to cutting edge technologies
- Flexibility to work in the way that brings out the best in you and encourages you to do what you love, in an environment that supports you
- Be involved in all aspects of the Project life-cycle, including Strategy, Road-Mapping, Architecture, Implementation and Development in order to gain maximum exposure to set you up for a successful consulting career.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-passed consulting environment.
We’re looking for people with strong Consulting experience. You will need passion for a career in data analytics, where you will provide a consultative service on a variety of data driven decision making projects within a fast-paced consulting environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a data engineer within the data and analytics domain
- Strong project delivery toolset experience in open source data integration tools
- Experience with processing large volumes of complex data. This role works closely with the data services team and regulatory reporting is a key customer of this team
- Ability to define and develop data integration patterns and pipelines
- Ability to assess complexity of data (volume, structure, relationship etc.)
- Hands on technical expertise in Spark, Python, SQL, Java, Scala, Kafka etc
- Hands on experience working with different data bases (RDBMS, NoSQL, Blob storage etc)
- Hands on technical expertise setting up DevOps automation using tools such as Jenkins, Github etc
- Hands on experience working technologies/platform e.g. Dockers, Containers, Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience building data profiling and data cleansing frameworks
- Technical reconciliation and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end project delivery, either traditional SDLC or agile delivery methodologies (or hybrid approaches)
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong consulting experience and background, including engaging directly with clients
- Experience in a delivery role on Business Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistical Modelling,Data Warehousing, Big Data or analytics project