The Covid-19 pandemic is creating seismic challenges around the world. Our purpose, to build a better working world, has never been more important. Life at EY has been transformed dramatically but our strong culture of flexible and remote working has helped EY people navigate new ways of working and remain connected with each other and our clients.
A better working world truly starts with the people at EY who are building it every day. Now more than ever we need talented people from diverse backgrounds to help our clients navigate the complexities of this Transformative Age: people with the passion, curiosity and drive to make things better.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant within the Entity Compliance and Governance team in our Brisbane office.
We are at a time when business is more regulated than ever. And with the pressure to do more with less, legal functions are seeking new ways to show their value. One that weaves the legal function into the business as a whole, connecting the right people in the right places with the best technology and the entire business process. With the many investments we are making in Ernst & Young’s (EY) Law practice, the expanded practice of EY Law is well positioned to be the global leader in providing legal services to our clients, combining the practice of law in over 80 countries globally outside the US, with the business of law offerings throughout the US and globally. We can help clients solve business problems, not just legal ones - helping spot potential risk, uncover value drivers and generate cost savings on a truly global scale. Bringing all the resources to the legal function– legal advisory, legal function consulting, managed services and technology– into one borderless ecosystem, allowing for constant evolution from every angle, we can provide solutions for today while customizing strategies for the future.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to a range of private, public listed, non –listed and multinational clients
- Ensuring that services are delivered to a high standard, on time, and within our commercial operating model
- Develop key client relationships and provide a full range of advisory services including technical support, board support and governance and best practice advice
- Provide assistance on global clients’ cross-border obligations and assist with the establishment and implementation of global governance principles and project management support on global engagements
- Contributing to business development activities, with support and guidance from Senior Leadership, including attending meetings with potential clients and preparing proposals
- Tertiary qualified with a legal, business or other relevant qualification
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience providing Corporate Secretarial services in a legal firm/professional services / consulting organization
- Good understanding of the Corporations Act 2001 and ASX listing rules
- Good understanding of corporate governance matters and their impact on listed companies
- Experience in providing board support including attending and minuting meetings; drafting board resolutions, registering new companies, branch offices and an understanding of the issues and requirements in respect of the same
- Strong experience using Diligent/Blueprint Oneworld, CAS360, GEMS or another corporate secretarial database and other company secretarial technology platforms
- A strong commercial awareness and good experience delivering modern Corporate Secretarial services
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of client relationship management and/or timesheet entry systems (desirable)