|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
We are proud to be supporting the Whangarei District Council with a range of projects to transform the central city roads by maintaining and extending shared pathways around the network. We require physically fit and motivated labourers to help us deliver to these assignments.
About the role?
This is an opportunity for someone interested in civil construction and roading. You will be involved in day to day manual labouring duties as well as the general operation of trucks and machinery. We offer plenty of development opportunities for our Labourers who put in the hard yards, we support and encourage training and upskilling. You will be responsible for:
- Helping with safe site setup for your crew and the general public
- Ensuring efficient use of materials, supplies and equipment
- Working as part of a cohesive team to deliver to projects
- Being open and willing to develop your skill set and advance your career
Along with a positive attitude and a commitment to safe work site practices, we are looking for you to have:
- A Class 2 – Full New Zealand Drivers Licence
- Experience operating a variety of civil machinery is an advantage but training can be provided
- The ability to work well within a team and alone when required
- A can-do attitude with a good work ethic
- Demonstrated that you are reliable and dependable
Ultimately we are looking for individuals who are willing to learn, grow and develop themselves within our business.
What’s on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with Downer and become part of a leading company who have the strongest footprint in Infrastructure around New Zealand. We also offer:
- Full time hours guaranteed – minimum 40 hours per week with paid overtime and meal allowances
- The chance to join a passionate team that likes to have a laugh while getting the job done
- Tools of trade including your uniform and safety gear
- Access to a range of company benefits and partnered discounts
- Extensive training to develop your skill set and propel your career forward
How to apply?
If you enjoy spending your days outdoors and getting involved in practical work, this is the job for you! Head to www.downercareers.co.nz, enter 573295 into the keyword search and register your interest. Alternately, drop into our Whangarei depot and drop off your CV today!
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test & medical.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Downer, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, so don't delay and make sure you apply as soon as possible.