|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly-competent and highly-motivated employees.
Your new role
To support the growth of AustralianSuper we are looking for a Head of Macro Research to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee the ongoing development of the macro research capabilities of the Asset Allocation & Research Team.
The Asset Allocation team has the responsibility for the developing the fund's broad Investment Strategy which includes recommending the active positioning of the Balanced option against its benchmark, which accounts for around a third of the fund's active risk budget.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Oversee and carry out cyclical economic research covering major developed and emerging economies to support the fund's tactical positioning
- Carry out secular economic research to support the fund's strategic asset allocation and portfolio planning
- Undertake long-term thematic economic research to support the fund's sector and stock selection, particularly in illiquid asset classes such as infrastructure, private equity and property
- Deal with quantitative economic modelling and analysis for the Asset Allocation team, using a combination of economic, financial and market data
- Provide economic outlooks to the Asset Allocation Group
- Contribute to the writing up of monthly strategy and investment research papers tabled at the Investment Committee
To be successful in this role, you will have a proven track record of carrying out structured economic research to deliver high-conviction views in the investment environment, you will also possess the following:
The successful candidate must be comfortable dealing with uncertainty and taking a view relative to consensus and experience of presenting economic views, both on paper and verbally, to colleagues and investment committees. In the role, you will be required to have strong analysis skills, enabling the analysis of asset class returns, financial markets, and economic data.
You will have experience of both overseeing and delivering complex research projects on time and leading and developing teams of analysts.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Please note, this role is deemed to be an Access Person role. Disclosure and Personal Trading requirements apply to the successful candidate
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.