We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly competent and highly motivated employees.
To support the growth of the Fund, we are seeking 2 contracted Payroll Specialists to join the Payroll team. You will be working closely with the Payroll Manager and team and primarily responsible for discovering new ways of working, process improvements and efficiencies, and creating relevant documentation and reports.
Your new role
- Working closely with the team to work through process/system issues and pain points
- Find solutions, create road maps and implement changes
- Document changes and create new policies and procedures
- Create new and ad hoc reports as required
- Conduct reporting and analysis, as well as reviewing and identifying any discrepancies in the data
- Utilise and maintain payroll systems/software (Oracle) and ensure system functionality is aligned to business objectives
- Act as a point of reference between finance and human resources for payroll queries and issues
- Provide proactive advice and support to management and staff for any payroll related queries
- Assist with BAU payroll activities, such as; Investigating, reconciling and resolving complex payroll issues, entry of new hires, terminations and other salary deductions etc. and preparing payroll runs
- Solid Process Improvement experience within a corporate environment
- Previous payroll experience within a large organisation
- Business / Financial Analyst experience ideal
- Experience using Oracle or large ERP, highly regarded
- Ability to problem solve, identify when data and analysis is materially incorrect, and obtain solutions
- Ability to coordinate tasks, set priorities and operate independently
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Proven ability to deal with confidential matters
- Exposure to Human Resource practice
What you will get in return
This role will offer the opportunity to grow your skill set and be a part of the exciting new changes coming to the Payroll function. You will be working with a new Manager in the organisation who values personal growth and is supportive of on-going development. Furthermore, you will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do by living our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Be Inspired, be bold, be you.