|Job Type:||Full Time|
At Woolworths, spreading the joy of food to our customers is the reason we do what we do. We live it, we breathe it. Woolworths offers real opportunities for career development, for those who love food and putting a smile on our customers’ faces.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst to join our Pricing & Better Buying team, a business partnering function within the Buying division of Supermarkets. The purpose of this role is to support the optimisation of pricing opportunities for the Woolworths Supermarkets division with a strong focus on building continued price trust with our customers and maintaining Woolworths’ competitiveness in the market.
Our team of analysts are trusted business partners to a wide group of stakeholders and are strongly connected to the development and delivery of the strategic direction of the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Frame problems, gather and analyse complex & large amounts of data, identify trends and present information using data visualization techniques
- Designing, developing and embedding bespoke pricing models & solutions to address business needs on behalf of the broader Pricing and Better Buying team
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to calculate elasticity and optimise price
- Optimising and running the market price collection and reporting function (including service providers, systems, processes, business insights) to support strategic direction setting and day to day decision making in pricing related matters
- Navigating the wider Woolworths data environment and overseeing complex analyses to support the broader Pricing and Better Buying team mandate within the business
- Overseeing the implementation of new technologies and applications and supporting the enhancement of technical capability across the wider team
- Engaging with IT engineers from Information management, Retail Analytics and Data Modelling and Infrastructure teams to work together on joint outcomes
- Solid experience to date (min 5 years) in a hands-on Data analyst role ideally coupled with a tertiary qualification in quantitative discipline
- Proficiency with SQL and strong database management experience using systems such as Teradata, Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery / Dataprep / Composer)
- Experience working with Agile or other project management disciplines is desirable
- Strong focus on delivery and the right attitude and approach towards challenges
- Strategic mindset and ability to understand the business environment and be a thought partner to the Pricing and Better Buying leadership team in support of direction and priority setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for stakeholder engagement responsibilities
What we can offer you
- Attractive remuneration package - including base salary, super and annual bonus
- Added benefits - including staff discounts, flexibility to work from different sites, healthcare, social club and much more
- Tech options - Woolworths are the largest employer of Google Apps in Australia, are early adopters of Agile and have Bring Your Own Device options too
- Work variety - the opportunity to work on multiple brands and sizeable projects
- Training and education - we pride ourselves in helping you realise your potential and give you the opportunity to be innovative
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people.
We are driving inclusion and diversity as Ways of Working. If you meet a number of requirements (and not all), we encourage you to submit your application.
Joining the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage and we are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTI inclusion.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.