|Job Type:||Full Time|
Fitter & Turner (Asset Management)
- Dayshift Lifestyle roster 4,5,5 – residential based in Weipa
- Enjoy a relaxed coastal lifestyle in a friendly residential community
- Be part of a close knit team with a strong commitment to safety
- Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Weipa accommodation benefit
- Five weeks annual leave
- Remote area allowance
- Remote area holiday travel assistance
- Paid parental leave up to 4.5 months at full pay or 9 months half pay
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Salary sacrifice & packaging options – rental, mortgage, super, vehicle
- Employee discounts – banking, accommodation, motoring, retail and more
About the role
We are looking for a motivated Fitter & Turner to join the team in our Main Workshop.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who has a strong work ethic and a 'can do' attitude, along with experience in repairing and rebuilding various components to support a bauxite ship loading facility, 3 wash plants and 3 heavy equipment workshops.
Reporting to the Main Workshop Supervisor, you will be:
- Focusing on refurbishing, rebuild and perform machining tasks to a variety of pumps, pulleys, gearboxes, rotary sizers fixed plant and HME machinery in a safe and efficient manner;
- Working towards increasing equipment reliability as well as availability;
- Identifying & Supporting improvements to our mineral processing assets and heavy mobile equipment components;
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to safety in order to achieve a workplace target of zero injuries and incidents.
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- A Mechanical Fitter or Fitter & Turner trade qualification
- Conventional Lathe and Milling machine experience
- Knowledge in rebuilding & repairing slurry pumps, rotary crushers & gearboxes
- Fitting bearings to shafts, pulleys and housings
- General fitting skills
- MAW, MIG & TIG welding experience
- High attention to detail and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Where you will be working
Rio Tinto Weipa is located 900km north-west of Cairns on the Gulf of Carpentaria and has been operating for over 50 years.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Aluminium for cars and smartphones. Copper for wind turbines, electric cars and the pipes that bring water to our home. Iron ore to shape our city skylines. Borates that help crops grow, titanium for paint – and diamonds that celebrate the best things in life.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
This role is subject to Rio Tinto's Pre-Employment Screening Standard and will involve your consent to conduct occupational health assessments and pre-employment checks.