|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
A bit about WORK180
Why join us?
- Help create a platform that is at the forefront of a new workplace revolution. Be a catalyst for change and help put an end to workplace discrimination, so that everyone is valued equally, and businesses can enjoy the benefits of a truly diverse workforce.
- Work with talented engineers. We're a high performing team that builds products used by people around the world. We achieve great results by supporting each other and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Take on exciting and challenging problems. You’ll be involved in everything from the decision making, planning, building, and running of our products, internal systems, and processes.
- Join a small team at a magical time. We're still small, and we have ambitious plans for the future. You'd help steer the ship and have a say in what we make and how we build it.
The WORK180 Story
After spending ten years in the tech industry, Gemma Lloyd and Valeria Ignatieva knew there had to be a better way for women to identify workplaces that weren’t the typical “boys club” environments.
WORK180 was born in Australia in 2015. Our goal was to improve workplaces for women and connect the best employers with top talent. Four years later, we have influenced positive change beyond our dreams.
WORK180 is achieving what no other job platform has done before. Businesses who do not meet our benchmark are not allowed to advertise their jobs. Employers are lifting the bar when it comes to creating supportive workplaces for women. This includes increasing paid parental leave, closing gender pay gaps and increasing the number of women in leadership.
Remote life at WORK180
We're a 100% remote company, but we're still a tight-knit team!
Working remotely has many unique benefits and challenges, and you'll have the flexibility and support to find what works for you.
Some of the ways we stay connected:
- Company conferences - this year, we held our first-ever global virtual conference.
- Regular state-based catchups. Coworking, coffee, lunch, dinner, drinks. - If COVID restrictions permit
- Introductions to people in different teams to help them catch up in person or remotely. (We use a Slack plugin called Donut to help facilitate this).
About this role
What will you do as a Software Engineer at WORK180?
- You'll build new product features from start to finish. Think features that help job seekers find relevant jobs, like optimising the search experience of the website you're on right now!
- You'll help scale the platform and make improvements to performance and reliability. Think improvements that allow us to scale to multiple regions around the world.
- You'll work on greenfield projects and will take shared ownership of our products.
We want to hear from you if...
- You have proven experience building large scale production web applications.
- You can work productively and autonomously in a 100% remote team.
- You can adapt and learn new technologies as you go. You never say it can't be done; you provide options and explain what can be done.
- You care about your craft and want to understand the why behind anything you build.
- You know how to build inclusive and accessible products.
- Bonus: You have experience with C#, .NET Core MVC, Postgres.
- Bonus: You have experience with AWS, Docker, Node.
The most important skill is to have a great attitude - honesty, a motivation to learn and humility are what we’re looking for. We believe that good engineers can jump tech stacks relatively easily - so we’re expecting real-world experience from the breadth of tech you’ve worked on in different projects.
One last thing...
Hi, my name is James, and I'm the Engineering Manager at WORK180. If you'd like to learn more about the role, please reach out to me, and I'll be happy to talk to you about the position.
If this role and culture sound fitting to you, please apply now.