|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role is part of Mastercard’s Relaunch Your Career program. This is a 16-week paid placement that helps people who have had a career break return to work.
You will have the chance to be part of a dynamic team, lead engaging projects, plus receive on-the-job training and coaching and support.
At the end of the paid placement, there is a potential for you to be hired in a permanent role. This position is at the mid-career level.
Relaunch Your Career is for People who:
- Have taken a career break of around two years or more
- Are keen to return to work on a permanent basis
- Have previous experience at mid-management level, ideally gained in technology, financial services and professional services organizations
- Are team players, collaborative, excellent relationship builders and influencers, great problem solvers and adaptable
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Undergraduate or master’s degree with further work experience after completing your undergraduate degree
- Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant
- Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple work streams
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
- Exposure specifically in payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required, SQL / data expertise preferred
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
Make an Impact as a Mastercard Advisors Consultant
You will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of industries and types of projects, such as consulting services, Test & Learn, or data and analytics.
Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure work streams covering client problems. Overseeing the day-to-day project work of the consulting team, you will identify creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides.
Responsibilities within project management will include building strong relationships with mid-level client management and independently assessing client agenda, internal culture and change readiness.
In steering the problem-solving process to drive high-value decisions, you will also have the opportunity to mentor junior teammates and contribute to the Mastercard's intellectual capital and solution development. At Mastercard, you are expected to not only have a tremendous impact in transforming our clients, but also have a leading role in shaping the organization’s future.
All About You
- Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
- Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
- Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
- Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
- Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
- Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.