|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This Business Program Manager role will focus on Reactive Support Management for Premier and Unified Support customers as a key member of the account team. You will actively engage with customers and Microsoft Support Engineers to manage support request health while developing relationships and account-specific context. Insights derived from Reactive Support Management activities will empower this role to tailor the customer’s reactive support experience and assist with proactive risk mitigation and overall Operational Health improvement.
- This role is responsible for driving positive outcomes end to end within reactive support, including healthy reactive support case progression and management across both standard and critical severity cases. Resources are aligned directly to customer accounts and own all levels of escalation handling, reporting, problem management and customer communications.
- This role will partner closely with Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) to support the development of insights that can inform solution and operational health program development
Communication & Leadership
- As a key influencer and advocate for the customer, you will build strong relationships with internal and customer-facing stakeholders. In partnership with the Customer Success Account Manager (CSAM), you will be the trusted central commander within the Reactive Support Management space.
- You will showcase confident leadership and communicate in a timely and professional manner while driving reactive support request health. This will include direct interactions with customers to gather the business impact of support requests, to provide status updates on case progress, and to coordinate actions to improve health in at-risk or unhealthy support requests.
- In this role, there is a unique opportunity to identify and champion process, tools, and service delivery program improvements. Through your work, you will help to influence continuous improvement and a more connected customer experience.
- Support Request Reviews - Using internal tools and analytical skills, you will identify cases that require action. You will determine the best course of action to maintain healthy support request progression and resolution through consideration of customer-specific knowledge. You will develop the ability to anticipate risk related to customer-specific workloads and solutions and take mitigation action where required.
- Escalation Management – Using internal tools and analytical skills, you will identify cases that require action. You will engage to coordinate appropriate actions both internally and externally to drive cases to resolution.
- Critical Situation Management – During business hours, this role will support the active management of select critical situation support requests
- Expectation setting – You will help to mitigate relationship risk through proactive expectation setting.
- Support Requests Trends – Using internal tools, automation and analytical skills, you will identify and confirm the root cause of support requests and categorize them following a defined standard. These insights will help you and the account team to understand opportunities to maximize the value of the customer’s Premier or Unified Support agreement through the use of proactive services to drive Operational Health improvements. Specifically, this role will be responsible for identifying trends and partnering with Customer Success Account Managers (CSAMs) to build recommendations for customers.
- Reporting and Business Intelligence – You will leverage purpose-built tooling and standard reporting to support your understanding of support request volume and trends. This information will serve to support customer conversations and various incident/problem management activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, including ability to interface with executive stakeholders
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with others. Recognizes different values and styles, and respects others' unique characteristics or strengths.
- Customer-centric and curious; consciously seeks to understand desired customer outcomes and advocates on their behalf
- Action-oriented, strong understanding of and ability to articulate customer’s sense of urgency
- Acts confidently in uncertain circumstances and seeks to bring develop clarity
- Takes well thought-out action to achieve a specific impact
- Applies sound, balanced judgement during high impact and urgent situations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support, service delivery, or consulting role
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Intermediate (200+ level) knowledge of Microsoft products and services with focus on Microsoft Cloud
- ITIL and/or Microsoft Foundations certification
- Experience working with Public Sector entities
- Track record in successfully coordinating activities that involve cross-team of internal/external contacts
- Citizenship Verification: Candidate must be a citizen of Australia. This position requires verification of Australian Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
- Security Clearance: Candidate must hold or be able to obtain “NV2” security clearance as defined by the Australian Government Department of Defense here.
- Location: 0-20% travel is expected in this role. The hire must be based in Canberra, Australia or within acceptable distance to travel in to Canberra, Australia during business hours on weekdays.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.