We are Australia's largest superannuation fund, here to help members achieve their best possible retirement outcome. Working with a wide range of stakeholders, we create meaningful value for members and our communities through our diverse workforce of highly-competent and highly-motivated employees.
Your new team
Our Member Experience department ensures we put our members first delivering the best retirement outcomes for our members. You will join a group of dedicated and talented individuals who will support and motivate you. You will deliver excellent outcomes in new and exciting ways as we continuously challenge ourselves to create a better experience for our members.
Covering Customer Experience, Service Delivery, and Customer Platforms, this is an environment that makes you feel trusted and respected. You will feel enabled to have an interesting career as well as a fulfilling life with workplace flexibility because at AustralianSuper, every role can flex!
As a member of the Service Delivery team, you will work day to day with 3 other Insurance Operations Specialists.
Your new role
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Insurance Operations Specialist's key responsibilities will be to provide sound investigation, ownership and decision making skills across a variety of areas including:
- The management of insurance related breaches and incidents;
- The assessment and management of insurance related tasks for new business opportunities;
- Manage complex insurance enquiries and escalations through management of the insurance operations inbox;
- Ensure service providers are meeting the requirements under the administration contract and the insurance code of practice and service agreements.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to delivery projects and initiatives
- Assist in the review of communications to ensure accuracy and compatibility with business rules/systems/policies - standards letters, online content, Product Disclosures Statements and forms.
- Proven track record in an insurance role and superannuation administration.
- Strong knowledge of how insurance policies work
- Knowledge of AustralianSuper Trust Deed, insurance policies and SIS Legislation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to proofread, spelling & English grammar skills essential.
- Able to work diligently, efficiently, and with accuracy paying close attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage the range of tasks required of this position.
- An excellent working knowledge of/experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Outlook.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of staff and service providers.
- An ability to research matters of a technical nature.
What you will get in return
You will have the chance to work for a growing, dynamic and authentic business that values integrity and puts its members first, but you get a whole host of other benefits. A competitive salary is on offer and your benefits include genuine flexible working arrangements, discounted travel, income protection insurance and generous leave entitlements to name a few.
We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit and Excellent Outcomes.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
We are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce into an environment which is inclusive, embraces diversity in all its forms and is a place where you can be you. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper and we're happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.