|Job Type:||Full Time|
- 6 Month Secondment Opportunity
In this exciting opportunity you will be responsible for the effective reporting of Market Risk for the Bank (both ING Bank Australia and ING Bank Sydney branch). This includes interest rate risk in the banking book, funding and liquidity risk. This role will also see you using your quantitative and qualitative skills to understand and apply Market Risk policies, processes and the regulatory reporting framework.
You will be responsible for the development, production, maintenance and on-going review of a number of reports produced by the Market Risk department. You will also have the opportunity, and be encouraged, to identify opportunities to enhance existing or implement new controls and automation measures to ensure that the reporting framework remains robust and well controlled.
What are you going to do? You will be…..
- Involved in creating different Management Reports to stakeholders such as Market risk, treasury and finance, Board and Board Committees, Head Office and various ALCO’s.
- Undertaking automation of reporting architecture & implementation of risk management tools along with comprehensive documentation outlining all aspects of processes and controls
- Showing improvements in the automation process via reductions in completion times and reduced manual inputs; provide recommendations to Head of Market Risk in relation to process and content improvements for the reporting framework
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of the Bank's businesses, products, data flows & databases along with Market Risk regulatory and risk management framework including Head Office systems
- Maintaining governance standards, complying with associated policies, minimum & prudential standards, developing and embedding risk management processes within the organization
What are we looking for?
- Tertiary qualifications in Mathematics/Statistics/Actuarial Sciences/Finance/other degree with a strong mathematical, computational, & financial component (Postgraduate Qualification will be highly regarded)
- Advanced SQL & Coding, and preferably demonstrate some degree of risk management knowledge, including interest rate risk in the banking book, funding and liquidity risk. Knowledge of programming languages such as VBA/ SAS/ Python
- Financial Services background with Retail Banking experience would be an advantage
- Strong Reporting, analytical and numerical skills
- Understanding of the business drivers and the strategic direction of the Bank and role of reporting and automation in achieving objectives
- Willingness and keenness to learn