|Job Type:||Full Time|
Based in our Asphalt Depot in Newcastle and reporting to the Operations Manager – Spray, we are looking for an experienced Resource Scheduler. Through effective communication and planning the Resource Scheduler is responsible for coordinating the contracting works for our NSW Spray Seal Business - this will include the allocation of raw materials, equipment and labour for up to 4 crews.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant Boral Asphalt and statutory OH&S and Environmental requirements;
- Planning and allocation of resources including people, equipment, and raw materials for daily works basis;
- Order and receipt raw materials;
- Liaise with customers over scope, work requirements and timing of works;
- Enter crew work schedule and hours into payroll system;
- Preparation of reports as required on works in progress;
- Plan And allocate time for maintenance of mobile plant;
- Schedule and update forward order books and works programs;
- Work closely with the estimator for programming, and administrator to ensure costs and accounts receivable are captured correctly.
Key skills and experience:
- Experience in a similar role within the Asphalt, Spray Seal, Transport or Logistics industries (Preferred);
- A practical working knowledge of OH&S and Environmental Policies and statutory requirements within the industry;
- Excellent communication and practical project management skills;
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
Benefits of working with Boral:
- Competitive remuneration package;
- Equal Opportunity Employer – Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply;
- Endorsed employer by Work 180 for gender equality;
- Established ex-Defence Force Alumni providing ongoing support and mentoring;
- Organisation dedicated to health, safety and the environment.
Boral is an international building products and construction materials group with three strong divisions: the high-performing, well-positioned materials business of Boral Australia; the fast-growing, 50%-owned USG Boral interior linings joint venture in Asia, Australia and the Middle East; and Boral North America, a scaled and growing building products and fly ash business. With its headquarters in Sydney, Australia, Boral has approximately 17,000 full-time equivalent employees (including in JVs) working across over 700 operating sites in 17 countries.
Boral values and is committed to creating a diverse working environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All suitable applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.