|Location:||Healesville, Thomson, Warburton|
We love water and love life. What we do makes a vital contribution to Melbourne’s famous lifestyle. We achieve this by supplying high quality drinking water, providing outstanding sewerage services, integrating drainage systems, building resilience to flooding and by enhancing our waterway and land for greater community use. It’s a pride we share in helping to make greater Melbourne a fantastic place to live.
Reporting to the Supervisor/Crew Leader you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference and add to our work environment, within a place where you can learn and perform to your fullest potential.
As a seasonal Fire Fighter you will assist in bushfire preparedness, suppression and planned burning operations. When not directly involved in firefighting activities, the project fire fighter will undertake a broad range of other activities including civil maintenance and natural resource management maintenance. Project fire fighters work under direct supervision from Crew leaders and Supervisors.
Make an Impact
Become part of a talented and passionate team dedicated to enhancing life and liveability in Melbourne and beyond. Doing truly meaningful work in a supportive and inclusive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
We provide a range of employee benefits that will make your experience working at Melbourne Water both professionally and personally rewarding.
Our people are passionate, welcoming and inclusive. We welcome applications from everyone, including people with disability, mature age and young job seekers, members of the LGBTI+ community, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. Melbourne Water welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Your Skills and Experience
- Ability to work proactively as a member of the team, contribute fully to team decision-making and take responsibility for own role in ensuring the safety of all team members and other personnel on site
- Experience in natural resource management, grass maintenance or civil asset maintenance/project work
- Ability to undertake work requiring sustained physical effort and intense concentration in adverse conditions over extended periods of time
- Understanding of the safe use of tools and equipment including non- powered and small hand tools, chainsaws, brush cutters and pole saws
- Pass a National Police Check
- General Fire Fighter accreditation or the ability to achieve the accreditation through training
- Medical Assessment – meet the Category B – Fire fighter Arduous (Mandatory)
- Victorian Driver’s License
- Pass a Task Based Assessment for Fitness
- Meet response time for First Attack Roster
- Be available for standby for an immediate return to work during the employment period. A maximum 20-minute response time is preferred.
- One or more of the following current Plant certificates of competency or truck licenses is preferred:
- Medium rigid truck
- Heavy rigid truck
- Heavy combination truck
Location: Healesville, Warburton and Thomson
For more information, please see the attached Position Description: Position_Description_-_Project_Fire_Fighter.docx
How to apply
Click on the "apply" button and complete the online application form.
Closing date: Sunday 20 September 2020 at 11:55pm AEST
Please note a Police Check / Health Assessment is required for this position.