|Job Type:||Full Time|
Discover what is possible with us
Our technical expertise is something we are quietly proud of. Through our investment in research and development, we have advanced the technical development of our mining methods, achieving operational efficiencies. Whether you are part of our offices, or at one of our sites near or far, you will find so much more than you expect.
Operations near and far
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in East Pilbara, Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. Our comfortable, well furnished rooms include Foxtel, and our site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sports and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days to support our community feel at Telfer.
Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Principle Mechanical Engineer, this role is a front-line, hands on role that will drive continuous improvement initiatives and design improvements to key plant and equipment while ensuring safety, quality and efficiency targets are maintained. This role will suit a diverse engineer with a passion for optimising equipment safety, performance and reliability. Whilst providing a whole of site service, the primary focus of this position will be crushing and milling circuits.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Develop and implement improvements to plant and equipment including engineering and capital project management
- Monitor and report on equipment and plant reliability and performance
- Provide technical support and solutions to maintenance teams / Fault finding and repair
- Provide scope of works for major maintenance works and complex tasks as required
- Develop and improve maintenance strategies and tactics
- Support root cause analysis and investigations into failures
- Mentoring and development of Junior Engineers
To be considered suitable, applicants must have:
- A practical grounding in 1st principles engineering in pumping and conveying (essential)
- Extensive Metalliferous Processing Plant experience (essential)
- Extensive bulk materials handling experience (essential)
- Proficient in CAD software –AutoCAD, Solid works, etc (essential)
- Winder / Hoisting experience (Desirable)
- Strong analytical / Data management skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering performance improvements and positive change
- Effective interpersonal / networking skills to champion change and instigate and manage improvement projects
- SAP experience and advanced Microsoft Office experience
- Planning, organisational, scheduling and coordination skills
- Formal Mechanical Engineering qualifications
Our commitment to you
Ownership is part of how we work. You will be part of a high-performance culture that is building our future. While structure and processes guide how we work, we continue to find opportunities to be nimble and collaborative.
Newcrest is also committed to building a diverse workforce. Our strategic focus is on gender diversity and diversity to reflect the communities in which we operate. Creating an inclusive culture will enable us to leverage the richness of cultures across our workforce and the capability of our diverse employees to get better business outcomes.
If you are seeking a new career challenge, where you can transfer your existing skills, into a positive and empowering team environment, we’d love to hear from you!