|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer New Zealand is a leading provider of integrated services. Our commitment to building long term relationships and supporting our customers with high calibre services and solutions; the talents of our people; and consistent excellence in operational delivery sets us apart.
Our Transport Services business is a market leader, shaping and influencing the future of New Zealand’s infrastructure. Incorporating more than 2,500 employees, this business covers a diverse range of services including operations and maintenance of road, rail, port and airport infrastructure, material production and manufacturing, technical services, leading research and development facilities and a large asset base including fixed and mobile assets, with revenues exceeding $800m annually.
Exciting times are ahead with construction in Palmy! With subdivisions, drainage and pavements - we leave no stone unturned. We’re after another Contract Manager to join our team and help lead, mentor and deliver on our construction project requirements. You will be optimising resource use and achieving target results don’t miss out on this role where you can make your mark!
Maybe you are looking for your next challenge or you are a seasoned Manager looking for change? Either way you will be passionate about contracting, in particular Construction, actively seek continuous improvement, and be an inspirational leader. Day to day you will be:
- Ensuring our team has an unwavering focus on zero harm
- Enhancing our strong relationships with our clients and delivering as promised, every time.
- Growing the team, and the capability of the team by providing clear and positive leadership
- Ensuring that we deliver projects as expected
- Work with the Construction Manager to retain and enhance current business and develop capability to deliver on new business opportunities
You’ll need proven successful Contract Management experience ideally within Road Maintenance, Utilities and/or Construction in addition to your:
- Strong track record of positive leadership behaviours that empower others
- Ability to create and deliver a strong customer focus culture, and a collaborative approach to develop client relationships
- Understanding of strategic asset management and local authority activities
- Proven track record in developing a culture that supports Health and Safety management, encouraging and rewarding excellence.
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Business Management or Civil Engineering
A role with us can enable you to develop and enhance your skills and experience. This is a great opportunity for you to join our diverse and inclusive culture and be part of a great team thriving in a collaborative fast-paced environment. We will reward you with a competitive remuneration package, flexible working arrangements, great training and ongoing development, and the opportunity to advance your career within our organisation.
How to apply
If you are looking to be part of a collaborative team, and an organisation that values people as its number one asset, then apply today! Visit www.downercareers.co.nz entering 573048 into the keyword search.
Downer NZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.