|Location:||New South Wales|
|Job Type:||Part Time|
About the opportunity
Uniting is seeking Part Time Disability Support Workers to work a minimum of 20 hours per fortnight at our house on the Central Coast. Working with participants on the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), you will make a real difference by building the participants’ capacity with daily living and confidence in accessing the community.
As our service operates in a 24/7 environment, we are looking for flexible staff who are available to work a rotating roster with set shifts. Applicant’s rosters will have a mixture of shifts - morning, evening and overnight including weekends.
- Full NSW Drivers licence and fully insured vehicle is a must
- Certificate III or IV in Disability, or equivalent accreditation in social science/community services
- Demonstrated understanding of person-centred care
- Demonstrated experience managing challenging behaviours and behaviour support plans
- Demonstrated experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems to maintain accurate records
- Experience supporting participants from Aboriginal and Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds would be advantageous
- Current paid Working with Children Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
Accompanying Uniting’s fulfilling careers are a range of excellent benefits including:
- Playing a significant role in supporting NDIS participants to achieve their goals through capacity building
- Access to Salary Packaging (www.salary.com.au)
- Comprehensive induction training from Day 1 including buddy shifts
If the idea of working for a progressive not-for-profit organization excites you, then please APPLY now.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a National Police Check and Reference Checks.