|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Unique and exciting opportunity working as part of a high performing team
- Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work!
- Full time position based in Sydney - Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a team supporting improved outcomes for TransGrid by advocating for policy and regulatory reform. This role is a senior leader in the Policy team. Policy has a significant impact on the financial and operating environment of TransGrid as well as the services it can offer. Engagement in policy also impacts TransGrid’s reputation with stakeholders and consumers as an industry leader and contributes more broadly to its social licence to operate.
You will be an innovative thinker and have the versatility and eagerness to work in a transforming and changing environment.
As the Senior Economist you will:
- Be the most senior internal SME in relation to the energy market and economics, providing advice, support and analysis to the senior leadership of TransGrid, the Executive team and Board.
- Develop TransGrid’s economic policy and research capability through understanding and articulating the economic and market dynamics in the current and future energy system in order to support the development of Corporate Strategy, policy reform and advocacy plans.
- Enhance and develop TransGrid’s external profile, its influence and impact through being a recognised ‘voice’ in the Australian energy market for TransGrid and providing economic analysis and direction to the Executive to enable TransGrid to become a thought leader in the energy market.
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- An excellent understanding of contemporary debates in economic policy both in Australia and overseas in the energy sector
- Recognised standing in the energy sector as a though leader in market dynamics and economics
- Bachelor degree in economics mandatory, Masters’ degree desirable
- Strong links with and industry
- A proven track record of conceptualising, implementing and managing policy-oriented research and/or development projects
- Exceptional communication skills in translating complex market dynamics and economics into business strategy and Executive and Board Papers in a commercial and strategic manner
- A record of success of effective engagement with high-level opinion formers and decision makers
- Strong commercial acumen
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Salary sacrifice and novated leasing options
- Access to sports and social clubs
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Applications close on Saturday, 31 October 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and interviewing may commence earlier than closing date.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.