|Location:||Remote - AU/NZ only|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Unique and exciting opportunity working as part of a high performing team
- Intellectually stimulating and rewarding work!
- Full time position based in Sydney - Ultimo
Who we are
At TransGrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
TransGrid offers fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policies outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced professional to be part of a team supporting improved outcomes for TransGrid by advocating for policy and regulatory reform. This role is a senior leader in the Policy team. Policy has a significant impact on the financial and operating environment of TransGrid as well as the services it can offer. Engagement in policy also impacts TransGrid’s reputation with stakeholders and consumers as an industry leader and contributes more broadly to its social licence to operate.
You will be an innovative thinker and have the versatility and eagerness to work in a transforming and changing environment.
As the Senior Manager – Strategic Partnerships you will:
- Develop and implement strategic and commercial partnerships with other organisations in the broader business community, energy sector, research sector and technology sector in order to further TransGrid’s strategy and policy agenda
- Identify innovative ways for TransGrid to develop alignment with private sector organisations advocating for policy reform
- Identify collaboration opportunities with interest groups and community organisations to support the advocacy positions of TransGrid
- Develop and manage the implementation of an advocacy plan for working and collaborating with other organisations in the energy sector to deliver on TransGrid’s holistic blueprint for policy reform
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with strategic partners
- Manage the negotiation, development and implementation of all relevant partnership agreements and documentation
- Develop, build and maintain strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
What we expect from you:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree desirable
- Proven experience in managing and leveraging strategic partnerships and opportunities to achieve commercial outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in the identification of strategic partnerships to implement corporate strategy
- Strong networks within the business and research industries at senior levels
- Ability to negotiate commercial partnerships with large commercial organisations
- Demonstrated achievement in building strong corporate relationships with Australian and global organisations
Recognition & Reward
What you can expect from us:
- Structured leadership and development programs
- Flexible work arrangements available
- 14 weeks Parental Leave (includes adoption)
- 2 weeks Other Parent Leave
- Annual picnic day (additional day off)
- Health and Wellbeing Programs
- Salary sacrifice and novated leasing options
- Access to sports and social clubs
In return for your hard work we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Join us and make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
To view our Privacy Statement and how we handle personal and sensitive information click here.
Applications close on Saturday, 31 October 2020
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the successful candidate may be required to commence their employment working from home. TransGrid actively promotes flexible working arrangements within our teams. We have strong team structures, culture and communication tools in place to ensure all employees remain actively connected to each other and the broader organisation.
- Our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received and interviewing may commence earlier than closing date.
- We do not accept agency introductions as TransGrid operates a direct sourcing model.
TransGrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.