|Job Type:||Full Time|
Downer Defence Systems provides a broad range of professional and managed services, asset sustainment and estate upkeep services to the Australian Defence Force, the New Zealand Defence Force and other government agencies.
Downer Defence Systems, combining the footprint and capability of Downer and Spotless, is one of the only integrated services companies that has a whole of Defence Capability Life Cycle offering and mindset. Our Sovereign Industry Capability delivers to the needs of Defence, National Security organisations, the major Primes and other government agencies.
As an ADM Top 10 Defence Contractor, we are a proven and trusted long-term partner, committed to diversity and inclusiveness and to growing Australia’s Defence industry with the participation of Small to Medium Enterprises.
Downer Defence Systems are currently seeking the following resources for Defence work. These roles are based in Canberra and require an NV1 clearance or above.
Systems Engineering Manager
Highly Desirable: experience as NAVY Level 2 engineering authority or equivalent.
The Systems Engineering Manager will be an experienced person in the field of Systems Engineering, displaying leadership skills and motivation to lead a team that is responsible for the development, implementation and management of all applicable systems engineering processes to underpin the FMSC and MRC projects, and will provide supervision, oversight and mentoring of the systems engineering personnel assigned to the projects. The Systems Engineering Manager will oversee the development of technical input into to all project artefacts to support approaches and engagement with industry and Government.
Responsibilities include (not limited to):
- Reviewing and updating Operational Concept Documents
- Requirements development, capture and traceability
- As part of a broader team, scoping and assessing Operational Analysis, Modelling and Simulation activities
- Requirements analysis and validation through industry engagement
- Related capability development activities
- Manage the development of the Mission System Functional Performance Specifications (FPS) and other non-functional technical requirements
ISMS solution architect
The Integrated Surveillance Management System (ISMS) Solution Architect is an information & communications technology (ICT) domain specialist providing experience and expertise in the functional design and development of the ISMS. The ISMS is a highly automated information system that collects, stores, analyses and distributes information and data for the purpose of providing advanced Command, Control, Communication, Computing and Intelligence (C4I) within the Future Maritime Surveillance Capability. The future capability is required to incorporate new and existing data with information feeds from a wide variety of sensors, along with imagery and electronic information from other sources; and to automatically process the inputs using algorithmic analysis to identify, assess and classify threats with minimal human intervention. The ISMS Solution Architect is a specialist role which is responsible for the ISMS architecture (hardware and software) systems and is the FMSC project ICT subject matter expert in conception, design and installation of ICT infrastructure coordinating across related projects including leveraging Defence projects of interest. The ISMS Solutions Architect will develop and maintain related project artefacts required for hardware and software design, security, cyber assurance, system testing, delivery, certification, accreditation and acceptance into service.
C4I Integration Engineer
The Command, Control, Communication, Computing and Intelligence Integration Engineer is domain specialist in interfacing a broad range of sensor feeds to a central information management system for the Australian Border Force. The C4I Integration Engineer is responsible for supporting the development of a future Integrated Surveillance Management System (ISMS) capability including integration to any interfaced or integrated external sensors, systems or capabilities. The C4I Integration Engineer will be responsible for the inputs and understanding risks associated with supporting this stream of capability, and providing reporting, updates and related project document development.
- An experienced professional capable of meeting role requirements who is looking to develop their career in a prominent professional services business.
- An understanding of the Defence Capability Life Cycle.
- Understanding & practical experience working within a Defence project, quality assurance & business improvement process practices and targeted & effective business solutions and outcomes.
- Experience in building trusted & valued relationships with project team members, customers & partners.
- Must hold an Australian Government security clearance (NV1 level and above).
What we offer:
- A diverse and challenging work environment.
- A growing business where opportunities are great.
- A great team where you are empowered to lead.
- Referral bonuses.
- Leave Purchases.
- Access to monthly Professional Development Sessions (including specialist forums).
Candidates must be Australian citizens with a minimum NV1 security clearance. Applicants residing outside of Australia or non-citizens will not be considered.