|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Join a dynamic team, showcasing your flair for creativity, precision and teamwork in aid of our Australian Defence Force
- Enjoy a flexible work environment with focus on innovation, adaptability and collaboration to support the training of fighter pilots for the next generation of aircraft
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Accountant, in our team based in Williamtown, Newcastle, NSW.
Despite COVID-19, we have a strong pipeline of job opportunities and we are still hiring. We're continuing to provide the Australian Defence Force with what they need to help protect the nation. Many of our people are now safely working from home. Of course some roles can't be done from home and in those cases, we're operating with an increased focus on health and safety on-site. We're finding new ways of working in response to COVID-19 and our workforce is still delivering the best capability for Australia. Hear about our
Return to Site Plan here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZO2QeP6r_Q
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the F-35 Accounting Manager, you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the growth of the F-35 program in Australia, ensuring the program team are supported in day to day operations and decision making.
As a Project Accountant you will be responsible in supporting the maintenance, integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision making for the F-35 program whilst it grows to full operational capability.
More specifically, you will
Maintenance of a robust accounting environment, ensuring accuracy and sound financial controls supporting all activities
- Maintenance of the project ledger in conjunction with the project controls group, assisting with Oracle queries from the program
- Preparation of journals for supporting individual projects within the program including project accruals and revenue trading in line with IFRS15
- Assistance in preparation of projects annual budget, monthly rolling forecasts, annual integrated business plans and weekly cash flows
- Providing detailed, accurate and relevant reporting, variance analysis and commentary by the specified deadlines on forecasts, budgets and cash flows for both financial and project reporting
- Preparation and maintenance of financial models, calculating price variations and adjusting for contract change proposals
- Preparation of project reports (internal and customer focused), monitoring and maintaining milestone schedules including incorporating changes resulting from contract change proposals
- Management of cash flow forecasting including foreign exchange management, hedging and reporting
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree and CPA/CA/CIMA qualification or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in cost base management with well-rounded knowledge of aspects of budgeting and forecasting with solution oriented and process improvement mindset
- Demonstrated knowledge and expeperience in building or using financial models, collecting data and analysis
- Well-developed self-management skills, ability to work under his/her own initiative to prioritise and meet deadlines, engage with stakeholders within and outside his/her immediate team to deliver business requirements
- Microsoft Office skills are essential and exposure to Oracle ERP is desirable
BAE Systems' advanced defence technology solutions protect people and national security, keeping critical information and infrastructure secure. For more than 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across air, land, sea, cyber, space and electronic domains.
In terms of our culture, it's safety focused and inclusive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our more than 4,100 employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a safe, family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work. Join us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.