|Location:||Albany, Barrow Island, Broome, Bunbury, Canning Vale, Cannington, Carnarvon, Collie, Derby, Geraldton, Gosnells, Highgate, Hope Valley, Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Karratha, Kewdale, Kwinana Beach, Laverton, Maddington, Malaga, Mardie, Mount Sheila, Mulga Downs, Narngulu, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Newman, Northam, Nowergup, Onslow, Perth, Pinjar, Port Hedland, Redcliffe, Rothsay, Secret Harbour, Telfer, West Perth, West Perth, Western Australia, Western Australia, Western Australia|
Who We Are
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our WA projects in 2020; Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere. As a result of securing a 5 year project, we are currently seeking several experienced Auto Electricians to join the Downer Mining team at Eliwana in the Pilbara on a 2:1 roster.
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent, you will focus on reliability and quality, whilst carrying out service and maintenance on mobile fleet such as HV Trucks, Dozers, Excavators, Graders in a mining environment. You will be required to complete scheduled and breakdown maintenance in field and workshop as well as carrying out preventative maintenance inspections.
As an Auto Electrician you will be able to demonstrate:-
- Trade Qualified Auto Electrician
- 12+months demonstrated experience working on maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation is preferred
- Sound knowledge of either CAT and LIEBHERR equipment experience will be highly regarded
- Current Air Conditioning Ticket is preferred
- Excellent diagnostics and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and remain calm under pressure
- Effective communication skills
- Comprehensive reading and writing skills
- Safety focus with a high attention to detail to abide by site safety processes
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- Competitive salary with incentive $$
- Permanent positions
- Secure full time employment including leave entitlements, superannuation and numerous financial, lifestyle, health and well-being benefits including salary sacrifice flights, novated leasing, discounts and support programs.
- Set career progression opportunities through various training and mentoring programs
- Great systems, procedures, equipment and people with an overriding commitment to Zero Harm
- An opportunity to join a diverse and inclusive leading-edge business with operations throughout WA
All roles are FIFO from Perth, operating a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of days and nights. Downer promotes a healthy work/life balance which includes brand new on-site living facilities including modern en-suite rooms and quality meal services. This is an exciting opportunity to join Downer on FMG newest project - Eliwana.
Please apply with your current resume to this application in the first instance or contact Melanie Greenfield in confidence on (08) 6212 9523.