Last updated a minute ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Xero's 'Business Products' offers several products that support small businesses. Our Xero for Employee and Employee System of Record teams help small business owners build better workplaces by freeing up time to focus on their people, not processes and paperwork. We will do this by bringing together a suite of tools to provide a seamless and personalised experience for the employer and their employees. This is a bold new program of work that has significant business support and visibility.
What you'll be doing
You will be leading engineers across a team that is made up of either one or two pods. You will be responsible for supporting your direct reports in becoming awesome engineers, empowering them to hone their skills and grow as individuals. You will also work alongside other People, Product, and Engineering leaders to foster the growth of a world-class engineering culture in our broader product area.
You’ll maintain an environment in which your team can do their best work predictably and sustainably. You’ll make sure the pods have all the information they need, and the right feedback loops in place, to discover and deliver valuable, usable, and buildable outcomes.
As you will be responsible for supporting, guiding and mentoring our engineers on a technical level, you will need to have previous experience working in a software development environment.
Success looks like
- You have a team that is highly engaged where everyone has a strong sense of purpose and feels they’re contributing to making a positive difference
- Your team delivers to a predictable and sustainable delivery pace, reflects on practices and delivery, and makes continuous improvements
- You have reports that grow in their responsibilities, capabilities, and contribution to their team and wider organisation
- You proactively plan for a successful team, making purposeful and planned decisions that consider the skills, seniority, training needs and growth prospects of the individuals
- Your team builds products that customers love and that achieve intended business outcomes.
What you’ll bring with you
- Excellent people leadership and management experience
- Understanding of modern software and product delivery practices
- Experience with agile practices and environments and an excellent grasp of modern software development practices and lifecycle
- Proven ability to navigate areas of conflict in an open, positive and proactive way
- High EQ - you are self aware, self regulated, motivated and empathetic, with great interpersonal skills
- A growth mindset - you understand that competency is not fixed but is enhanced through dedication and hard work
Aside from the typical perks you’d expect from a tech company (games rooms, free soft drinks, barista coffee, fresh fruit, sports teams and amazing offices), one of the best things about Xero is our people. You’ll join an inclusive, diverse product team with talented people from all over the globe. Our culture is one we’re immensely proud of - from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome.
Our work environment also encourages continuous improvement and career development, and you’ll even get Xero shares as part of your package.
Xero is an NZ Immigration Accredited Employer and Rainbow Tick certified too.
Please include a cover letter in your application, telling us why you’re a great fit for this position.