|Job Type:||Full Time|
About the role
The Safety & Wellbeing Team Leader (‘SWTL’) will lead the safety team members for Queensland at an operational level, provide advice and support to their stakeholders and business managers and proactively contribute as a leader across the SUEZ ANZ business.
You will lead, manage, coordinate, and promote the Safety and Wellbeing programs and the implementation of strategic initiatives that are key, ensuring continuous improvement is maintained alongside compliance with all relevant state and federal legislation.
The SWTL needs to maintain a compliant, professional approach to all safety, rehabilitation, and Workers Compensation issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead, manage, coach, and develop the Safety and Wellbeing allocated team members
- Ensure compliance with all company policies, procedures, and statements
- Manage and monitor compliance related activities and issues with state-based Safety & Wellbeing teams in a proactive manner ensuring legal and other requirements
- Ensure all incidents (personal injury and near misses) are managed and reported effectively
- Ensure all Workers Compensation claims and Rehabilitation Programs and being enacted and managed in line with a people first principle, in line with relevant state legislation and in a timely manner
- Ensure the RtW Co-ordination training is undertaken with the relevant state WorkCover Authority, NSCA or similar qualified organisation
- Liaise with insurance companies and solicitors for all workers compensation litigation
- Monitor vehicle accident insurance matters to minimise litigation
- Ensure and monitor staff induction training and OHS training programs are conducted,
- Partner with relevant Business Leadership team members and the Human Resources team on all matters relating to safety performance, cultural and transformational initiatives
- Provide e safety and wellbeing advice and support to the business
- Coach, advise and support safety, wellbeing, and compliance resources to deliver accurate, informed and legally compliant advice
- Work with the business leaders to plan and prioritise safety activities to drive a safety culture of ownership and empowerment at the business line level
- Promote and actively engage in safety, wellbeing & compliance interactions within the business
- Manage, maintain, and report to the Business Line on all safety, wellbeing & compliance management performance
- Be the employer representative for Infrastructure under the OHS Act
- Contribute to ongoing development of ‘step change’ initiatives on behalf of the business
- Liaise with auditors for certification requirements and National audit scheduling,
- Liaise with the Central Safety, Environment and Wellbeing team on Chain of Responsibility and NHVAS compliance within the business line
With at least 5 years’ experience gained in a Health & Safety role, you hold relevant qualifications in OH&S, system auditor qualifications and a holistic approach to well-being. Collaborative and inclusive leadership skills are vital as you lead your team to success. Your industry experience will be either across waste, transport/logistics or manufacturing and you are up to date on all relevant safety legislation (including Chain of Responsibility). You are competent in ICAM investigation, hold a valid driver’s licence and a first aid certificate would be desirable as is completion of your Cert IV in workplace training and assessment.
You bring a solution focused approach to problem solving and hold safety as a core value. Above all, your core values align with ours, a passion for the environment, Customer focus, team spirit and respect.