|Job Type:||Full Time|
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are ushering the Data Age and we are passionate about our product and delivering the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Are you passionate about new technologies, and looking to develop your sales career in a fast-growing, dynamic organisation? We are seeking exceptional early career sales folks to join our team and help us bring Splunk to the next level. In this newly established role, you will assist our sales team to break into businesses that have never used Splunk. You will play a pivotal role in finding opportunities in greenfield accounts, and building customer interest. As part of our Demand Generation team, you will actively and energetically target and qualify prospective customers.
What will I do?
- Be the engine that drives, builds and develops pipeline, new logos and growth through high outbound demand/ pipeline generation activity.
- Identify business pains, objectives, and related impacts on a prospect's organisation. You will hold business conversations that follow Splunk’s sales methodology with a variety of contact types (including senior/board level) and you will establish appropriate, agreed next actions.
- Articulate Splunk's proposition and the advantages a prospect will gain by linking the as benefits to their business challenges.
- Generate leads by prospecting and cold calling build qualified sales opportunities for sales reps.
- Prioritise strategic account lists within a defined territory and build and grow active pool and pipeline.
- Attend field marketing events as a Splunk Representative!
- Meet and exceed assigned metrics, maintain input activity (call volumes) and achieve monthly key performance indicators.
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion.
- Update activity and pipeline on Salesforce.com.
What you bring:
- Experience of cold calling and hunting into greenfield accounts/businesses.
- Success in finding and uncovering new opportunities with prospects and existing business.
- Experience in booking qualified sales appointments and owning, growing and leading the appointment process.
- A good command of account profiling and a demonstrated ability to navigate key contacts and identify account intelligence.
- Software sales and Enterprise prospecting experience a plus.
- Experience of talking about enterprise IT solutions to decision makers (BI, data analytics, security software, risk management software or networking performance) is advantageous.
- Excellent communication, written and analytical skills.
- Strong motivation to grown, learn and adapt and passionate about new technologies.