|Job Type:||Full Time|
Opportunity to join a team of passionate & supportive industry leading experts where you can really drive your future career
Excellence is the vision. You’ll make it a reality
Your chance to be part of something new
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Our company exists to make a real difference for everyone whose lives we touch. We mine the materials that make modern life possible, in ways that are safer, smarter and more responsible.
The Metallurgical Coal (MetCoal) Analytics Centre (MAC), is a newly formed centralised hub which will support our operations by providing insights backed by operational, engineering and data science experts. As the largest underground coal miner in Australia, we are uniquely positioned to leverage our own data and technology to transform the way we analyse data to drive safer operations, better decisions and achieve mining excellence.
Reporting to our Head of Transformation, this newly created position will lead the strategy to realise the vision and establishment of the MAC function within Metcoal. With a global outlook, and regional delivery, you will take a concept and create a new team which will introduce an exciting and different way of working within our Operations.
This role will be rewarding and varied and will include:
- Building and leading a team of multi-disciplinary skilled people providing solutions to operational and technical challenges via the use of data and rapid development.
- Setting a compelling and clear vision for the team and communicate it effectively to stakeholders always ensuring the team is aligned.
- Refining the MAC strategy while establishing, growing and leading the team in alignment with this strategy
- Defining and promoting the MAC services throughout MetCoal Australia
- Ensuring the MAC strategy and service delivery is aligned to operational strategy and propels the value of the Anglo American Operating Model principles
As an influential and inspiring leader, you are continually assessing how we can apply the latest digital technologies in innovative ways to constantly improve the operations and create a step change into the next generation of a digital mine.
- Proven experience in establishing and/or running Continuous Improvement Programs / Transformation / Transitions with customers or internal business units
- Ability to use strong business acumen to identify how data and analytics can be used to drive high value outcomes
- Ability to provide influential leadership, strategic insight & counsel to the Leadership team
- Ability to balance delivering value now, against the long term high value items
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary technical teams who deliver quality outcomes
- Experience in leading and managing 3rd party suppliers and managing supplier agreements
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- An understanding and /or experience within the coal mining industry
- A tertiary qualification in IT, Engineering, or Business is well regarded
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
As well as a very competitive salary package, Anglo American offers exceptional avenues for growth and career development opportunities.
Applications Close: 17th September 2020
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Inclusion and Diversity
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.