|Location:||Geraldton, Kalgoorlie - Boulder, Perth, West Perth|
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities. As part of the Mining team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining continues to strive forward with our projects in 2020 including Karara, Cape Preston, Eliwana and Gruyere. Due to our client entering into a Stage 2 ramp-up we are seeking experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters to work on the Gruyere Gold project located 200kms northeast of Laverton on a 2:1 roster.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor you will play an integral role in implementing the client's project requirements. You will perform safe and effective maintenance outcomes and continuous improvement principles whilst carrying out your daily duties of servicing and maintaining mobile fleet and equipment. Key responsibilities include service, repair and maintenance of heavy mobile fleet, and completion of maintenance documentation and reporting in a safe and productive manner.
- Relevant Mechanical Diesel qualification
- Exposure to fleet range - CAT - 785, MT4400, 830E, Liebherr R9400, and Komatsu PC300, PC1250 , D10, 16M Graders- Preferable
- Experience in servicing ATLAS D65 and CAT MD6250 Drill Rigs will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining large scale earthmoving equipment in a mining situation
- Strong team player with effective communication skills
- Drive and enthusiasm to do the best work you can do
- Enjoy working within a collaborative team culture
IN RETURN WE OFFER
- A commitment to Zero Harm
- Great systems and processes in place
- A positive approach to Diversity and Inclusion
- A supportive and productive work environment with ongoing professional development opportunities
- Healthy work/life balance which includes excellent on site living facilities.
Zero Harm is embedded in Downer's culture and the Gruyere Operations team strives to support the health and safety of our workforce as well as minimising the impact we have to the surrounding environment. We aim to work closely with Goldfields' team to help them succeed, using world-leading insights and solutions.
Downer offers PERMANENT and CASUAL employment opportunities for individuals with passion and drive to contribute to the ongoing development of Downer.
All maintenance roles are FIFO from Perth, operating on a 2/1 roster consisting of a week of days and a week of nights. On site, you get to keep your own room, so no motelling!
Please apply directly to this application or contact Melanie Greenfield on (08) 6212 9523 for further information.