|Job Type:||Full Time|
Our Engineering department at WesTrac have an increased demand to support the drafting team in the electrical designing sector.
Reporting to the Project Engineer the Electrical Design Draftsperson is responsible for creating professional, repeatable and legally compliant engineered solutions for the organisation. It involves the production of electrical technical documentation (2D drawings) of equipment and components used in the electrical modification of CAT equipment, and other projects, in support of the Engineering Team.
To be successful in this role you will enjoy working in a growing team and can communicate with a variety of customer and internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate will proactively identify continuous improvement and recommendation to the processes. You will have high attention to detail, take initiative and provide professional electrical design solutions.
What we offer:
- Supportive work environment and career progression paths
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge mining technology
- Wellness Program
- Discounted CAT products
- Leadership Training and Development at our onsite training facility
- Salary sacrifice on Airline Memberships, Motor Vehicles and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Discounted health insurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Refer a friend program – receive $1000 for each successful referral
The following skills and experience are required:
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar role within a heavy machinery or mobile equipment industry.
- Experience with Autocad Electrical
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to produce professional engineering drawings and documents
- In dept understanding of the electrical systems on mobile plant preferably Catterpillar
- Understanding of Australian and international design standards and guidelines
- The ability to produce manual design calculations
If you are interested in joining a progressive company with significant growth in the pipeline, click the ‘Apply’ button today!
WesTrac Pty Ltd is committed to achieving a diverse and engaged workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island candidates.