|Job Type:||Full Time|
Superintendent – Power Supply
- Critical Leadership Opportunity
- Collaborative and dynamic team
- Friendly coastal community - Gladstone
- Attractive Domestic relocation assistance on offer
- Health cover scheme for employees and their immediate family
- Employee share scheme program
We also offer great employee discounts at local businesses, general admission movie tickets and free gym and golf memberships
About the role
We are looking for a Superintendent – Power Supply who will play a key role in leading and supporting the Boyne Smelters Ltd. (BSL) Power Supply Team in running the day to day operations and maintenance in a manner that focuses on safety, environment, quality and continual improvement. The key focus of the role is to manage all high voltage (HV) electrical infrastructure assets for the smelter operation and include other assets like the compressed air supply systems, Natural Gas (NG) pipeline and main gas reticulation stations.
Working a Monday to Friday roster and reporting to the Manager Site Services, you will be:
- Leading a diverse team of operations and maintenance personnel in achieving safety, environmental, and production objectives
- Contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of the BSL safety culture
- The provision of effective leadership in ensuring crew objectives / work schedules are maintained in line with production expectations
- Taking a proactive approach to safety and where necessary participating in accident / incident investigations, hazard studies, safety issues and the risk register for HV & NG assets.
- Conducting Performance Reviews identifying development and improvement opportunities for crew members
- Manage costs and budget planning (short and long term) for accountable assets.
- Manage a small HV Asset continuous improvement projects team
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Extensive leadership experience and the ability to successfully lead a diverse team
- Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent technical qualification
- Sound knowledge of electrical & HV plant and equipment and the ability to manage the balance between production, operations and maintenance requirements
- Strong SAP and word processing skills
- A strong safety focus
- Well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to provide innovative solutions
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Aluminium Smelter power system experience
- Electrical Trade qualified and significant HV power system experience
Where you will be working
Operated by RioTinto, Boyne Smelters Limited (BSL) is a Queensland success story and a world class aluminium smelter. Located on the Central Queensland coast, in the beachside suburb of Boyne Island, BSL is genuinely involved in our community. We hire and buy locally, support local education, social and health programs and lend a hand where it’s needed to community groups.
Rio Tinto is a global leader in aluminium, one of the world's most widely used metals. Active in the sector for more than 110 years, we operate large-scale, high-quality bauxite mines and alumina refineries; alongside the world's most modern and competitive aluminium smelters portfolio.
As pioneers in mining and metals, we produce materials essential to human progress.
Our long history is filled with firsts. We’ve developed some of the world’s largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. You’ll find them in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
Creating an inclusive and diverse workforce
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. It’s a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organization and fulfilling career.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.